More links in "Important links"

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
wbs

More links in "Important links"

Post by wbs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 am

In the forum section "Important Links" a link to the "CMSimple_XH Wiki", to the "CMSimple_XH Demo", "CMSimple_XH at Github" and to the page "Important Links" or "CMSimple_XH documentation" would make sense so that you are also pointed in the forum directly to the most important pages.

how do you see it?

Best regards
Hartmut
What do you think?

Tata

Re: More links in "Important links"

Post by Tata » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:53 am

Ich würde eher/also empfehlen die phpBB3/styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html modifizieren etwa so (about #110):

Code: Select all

<!-- EVENT overall_header_searchbox_after -->
<!-- CMSimple_XH * Links START -->
    <div class="cmsimple_xh_links">
        <a href="http://www.cmsimple-xh.org/" title="CMSimple_xh Website" target="_blank">CMSimple_xh Website</a> | 
        <a href="http://www.cmsimple-xh.org/wiki/" title="WIKI" target="_blank">WIKI</a> | 
        <a href="http://https://sourceforge.net/projects/cmsimplexh/" title="DOWNLOAD" target="_blank">.DOWNLOAD</a> | 
        <a href="http://cmsimplexh.webdesign-keil.de" title="DOCUMENTATION" target="_blank">DOCUMENTATION</a>
    </div> 
<!-- CMSimple_XH * Links END -->
            </div>
            <!-- EVENT overall_header_headerbar_after -->
Also ersetzen phpBB3\adm\images\phpbb_logo.png und evtl. in phpBB3\adm\style\admin.css nötiges anpassen.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

wbs

Post by wbs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:02 am

I think so too.

Hartmut

Post by Hartmut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:14 pm

I would be happy if Tata's idea is realized.
Are the forum admins also responsible for this and who has the access rights to implement the change?

Best regards
Hartmut

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Hartmut wrote:I would be happy if Tata's idea is realized.
Are the forum admins also responsible for this and who has the access rights to implement the change?
I'm not accustomed to phpBB, but I wonder what happens if phpBB is updated. Would the change have to be made each time again?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:21 pm

cmb wrote:... I wonder what happens if phpBB is updated. Would the change have to be made each time again?
I have worked with phpBB some years ago and adjusted the design. One update has been made at that time. The templates remained working. So I hope they will do it now too. If there would be any changes in templates too, the new adjustment won't be that difficult. BTW, how often has our forum been updated?
Sorry, I am not able to make the forum working locally. I would have loved tried to play with the design. But simply I am not able to make MySQL running on iMAC.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:04 pm

cmb wrote:I'm not accustomed to phpBB, but I wonder what happens if phpBB is updated. Would the change have to be made each time again?
You have to make all the changes again,
see here: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade31/
Or you try to update with patch files / auto-update (which tries to find changes you've made before).

Ok, it's not so hard to change the logo (again: which one should / can I use) and put some links to the header. But it's much less work doing all that with extensions. For example this one, or this extension would be fine to add the links. With extensions, there's no need to hack core files and updating remains easier.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Holger wrote:But it's much less work doing all that with extensions. For example this one, or this extension would be fine to add the links. With extensions, there's no need to hack core files and updating remains easier.
LGTM. :)

frase

Post by frase » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 am

Holger wrote:Ok, it's not so hard to change the logo (again: which one should / can I use) ...
IST-Zustand:
site_logo.gif
evtl. NEU:
site_logo.png
Ergibt:
XH-Forum.png
Der Vorschlag berücksichtigt, dass keinerlei Änderungen ausgeführt werden müssten. Nur das Bild austauschen.
styles/prosilver/theme/images/site_logo.gif

Deshalb sind die Abstände etwas eigenartig (gleiche Bildgröße). Die Farbe und Machart sind aber an das prosilver-Theme angepasst.
Weder Text noch CSS müssten geändert werden.

Theoretisch müsste das Forum an xh.org angepasst werden (grau, orange).
Da sehe ich aber überhaupt keine Chance. Unheimlich viel Arbeit und nicht updatesicher.

Die beiden vorgeschlagenen Extensions sind interessant und sollten ernsthaft in Betracht gezogen werden.

Von wem das "XH" ursprünglich stammt, weiß ich nicht. Mein Vorschlag: frei verwendbar - bitte ohne Namensnennung.

---
Edit:
Uups!
Es muss doch etwas geändert werden - das Bild-Format:
/styles/prosilver/theme/imageset.css Zeile 13

Code: Select all

.imageset.site_logo {
    background-image: url("./images/site_logo.png");
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:18 pm

frase wrote:Von wem das "XH" ursprünglich stammt, weiß ich nicht. Mein Vorschlag: frei verwendbar - bitte ohne Namensnennung.
Das ursprüngliche "XH" Logo ist von svasti. Ich bin ziemlich sicher, dass er der freien Verwendbarkeit zustimmen würde.
frase wrote:Es muss doch etwas geändert werden - das Bild-Format:
site_logo.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.