[Feature request] Advancedform_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Korvell

[Feature request] Advancedform_XH

Post by Korvell » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:11 am

I've just started using Advancedform_XH and have found a couple of small 'issues' that I find missing.

I like to group my fields into smaller sections and therefore need a kind of headline for each group. I've used the 'output' type for this, but it doesn't stand out very well. Is it possible to enter formatting codes to the labels so that you could make it bold, underlined, colored, whatever? If not I would wish for a way to do that either by directly adding codes to the label field or using css styling in the config backend. For now I have 'hacked' the plugin to add bold styling to the output-option (see screenshot) but that's not a viable option of course.
[ external image ]

Also I notice that in the receiving mail the data is placed in a table which is nice if you have long labels and long answers - it's just that the content of the rows are not vertical aligned so it sometimes look a bit confusing when e.g. you have a short label and a long answer. The table row could use the "valign=top" styling.

Apart from this I really like this plugin - it works very well, is easy to setup and has lots of options.

bca

Re: [Feature request] Advancedform_XH

Post by bca » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:48 am

You can do this easily with the built in template method.

B

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:21 am

bca wrote:You can do this easily with the built in template method.
Indeed, see http://3-magi.net/demo/interaction/plug ... -templates.

To change the styling of the email you can customize Advancedform_XH's stylesheet. However, these style rules might be ignored by email reader software (there seems to be no common standard; maybe no more issue nowadays), and some readers show plain text emails only. That doesn't mean you shouldn't add style rules, but rather that you shouldn't expect them to be seen.
Korvell wrote:I like to group my fields into smaller sections and therefore need a kind of headline for each group.
Yeah, that makes total sense. I'll probably add the possibility to use fieldsets in version 2.0, but before I would have to rework the complete code base, because it is not as malleable as it should be.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:34 am

Korvell wrote:I like to group my fields into smaller sections
so do I. Would be nice to have an additional type, e.g.: "comment", which would not require any name or label, and which would encompass the whole width. In properties one could enter the HTML code, e.g. "<hr><h2>New Section</h2><p>bla bla bla</p>"

For the time being however there is a workaround:
Name: x1, Label: , Type:output, Properties: "<br><hr><br>"
Name: x2, Label: New Section, Type:output, Properties: "<p>bla bla bla</p>"

Another feature request: It would be nice to see the form right away after entering the codes. I mean some javascript creating a form right away so one doesn't have to switch pages to check the resultung looks of the form. Of course one can have 2 pages open in the browser (the backend entry form and the frontend page with the form), but a javascript solution would be the icing on the cake.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:38 am

svasti wrote:Would be nice to have an additional type, e.g.: "comment", which would not require any name or label, and which would encompass the whole width. In properties one could enter the HTML code, e.g. "<hr><h2>New Section</h2><p>bla bla bla</p>"
Not sure yet, but this is rather low-priority for me anyway. To not forget about it, I've added a note.
svasti wrote:It would be nice to see the form right away after entering the codes. I mean some javascript creating a form right away so one doesn't have to switch pages to check the resultung looks of the form. Of course one can have 2 pages open in the browser (the backend entry form and the frontend page with the form), but a javascript solution would be the icing on the cake.
I agree that would be nice. Particularly the workaround with two browser tabs is somewhat dangerous, because CMSimple doesn't handle admin concurrency well, so a user might shoot himself in the foot.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH