[Addon] ProtectmyEmail

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

svasti

[Addon] ProtectmyEmail

Post by svasti » Sat May 16, 2015 7:49 am

I had to do a website with lots of email addresses. Therefore ProtectmyEmail was written.
Maybe something similar exists already?
Anyhow, this was just a little thing. I wanted to make it more complex, but compatibility with different browsers had to be kept.
Don't expect miracles. Some advanced address harvesters might still be able to read the email address. However I guess that SPAM will be reduce compared to entering plain email addresses.

lck

Re: [Addon] ProtectmyEmail

Post by lck » Sat May 16, 2015 11:26 am

svasti wrote:Maybe something similar exists already?
There is the plugin encMail XH
http://www.cmsimplewiki.com/doku.php/plugins/encmailxh
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

svasti

Post by svasti » Mon May 18, 2015 8:52 am

Both are quite different animals. encMail_XH is a full grown plugin, a little complicated, but is is very good if you have many email-addresses. Moreover there is one problem: the protection of encMail_XH is better than protectmyEmail. :lol:
So I'll rather recommend encMail_XH :oops:

svasti

Post by svasti » Tue May 19, 2015 3:54 pm

ProtectmyEmail version 0.2 is out.

The clever hiding of the email address of encMail XH, namely that mailto:xxx will be created only onFocus, has also been put into ProtectmyEmail v. 0.2.
Main differences are: ProtectmyEmail has no backend and you have to use {{{email 'xxx'}}} for every email address.
Whereas encMail XH has some settings and it finds your email addresses all by itself. However you have to add a plugin call to the template which ProtectmyEmail doesn't require.
As ProtectmyEmail takes the email on a one by one basis, one can add subject and email body, if needed.