Page Manager doesn't save

General questions about CMSimple
cmb

Re: Page Manager doesn't save

Post by cmb » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:21 am

delboy wrote:I then deleted page_params, Meta_tags and pagedata.php and it now works.
Fine. :) But consider that you're probably still quite close to the memory limit. So if you add more pages or more content on existing pages, similar problems may arise.
delboy wrote:Should those duplicate files have been there.
These files are backups, which are automatically created every time you log out. See http://www.cmsimple-xh.org/wiki/doku.ph ... _on_logout for some more details. You have a minimal management of these backups, when you click "Settings" in the admin menu directly.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

delboy

Post by delboy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:46 am

Thank you so much for all your help, I have learnt a lot over the last couple of days. it looks like I shall have to re-think my site as there is still a lot to add.

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:32 pm

delboy wrote:Thank you so much for all your help, I have learnt a lot over the last couple of days.
You're welcome.
delboy wrote:it looks like I shall have to re-think my site as there is still a lot to add.
You may have a look at the consumed memory: just change index.php in the web root (temporarily) to:

Code: Select all

<?php /* utf8-marker = äöü */
$pth['folder']['base'] = './';

include('./cmsimple/cms.php');
echo memory_get_peak_usage();
?>
This will show you how much memory has been used for a page request; if the value exceeds 8000000, you're near the limit. Than you may consider changing the provider, if they won't increase your memory_limit.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH