FCKeditor and /images

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
wosee

Re: FCKeditor and /images

Post by wosee » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Finally I understand what you mean with "search and replace" because you wrote it in german. :lol:
But why don't you just ask Peter or anybody else how to tell an editor to use relative paths?

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:57 am

wosee wrote:But why don't you just ask Peter or anybody else how to tell an editor to use relative paths?
woosee, seems you can't understand the problem... :roll:
Is "/subfolder/images/your_image.jpg" not a relative path???

I told you the problem some post's above:
myself wrote:But a relative path like ./images points in FCKeditor to another folder, since the editor is installed
in another level in the folderstructure.
A path like this is relative to ./FCKeditor/editor/fckeditor.html
You can include images with FCKeditor like in oEdit, but then they're not visible in the editwindow.
So if you want to see your images within FCKeditor you have to live with this behavior.

Holger

wosee

Post by wosee » Sat May 02, 2009 4:52 pm

I think /subfolder/images/your_image.png is not a relative path...
However, I think I understand the problem, but isn't it possible to make a path like [findcmsimpleinstallation]/images?
Maybe you can put the fckeditor.html into /FCKeditor so ./images would point to http://www.www.com/who/cares/[yourcmsim ... er]/images?

I can live with it, but it's not very... let's say portable and it's hard for other developers or people who have never worked with FCKeditor in combination with CMSimple. For example if someone wants to move his website himself and does not want to contact the guy who has installed it... Well, my second point isn't very problematic, but the first thing, "transparent coding" is very important for future development imho.

So at least i think you should write this issue into documentation! But don't get me wrong, I deeply admire yours and Connie's work for CMSimple!