Using a third-party theme for CMSimple

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
Zoe0789

Using a third-party theme for CMSimple

Post by Zoe0789 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:43 am

Hello!
I would really like to try the CMSimple, but I have already bought an html template from here http://www.templatemonster.com/website- ... 58434.html and I'm not sure if it will work.
Is there a chance that I could make corrections to it so that it could work with CMSimple?
Thank you very much! ;)

cmb

Re: Using a third-party theme for CMSimple

Post by cmb » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi!

Most certainly it is possible to adapt the template to CMSimple, but that might be a lot of work, and it certainly requires good understanding of the CMSimple template system.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Zoe0789

Post by Zoe0789 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:50 pm

cmb wrote:Hi!

Most certainly it is possible to adapt the template to CMSimple, but that might be a lot of work, and it certainly requires good understanding of the CMSimple template system.
Oh, thanks very much! So you think, I shouldn't bother and just keep this template for the later use and use the one that's meant for CMSimple? :(
In this case, would you perhaps advise if there's a CMSimple template that is suitable for eCommerce purposes, please? :roll:

Thanks!

svasti

Post by svasti » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Zoe0789:

The CMSimple template system is to my (limited) knowledge the (or one of the) easiest system in the CMS-World. However to adapt a third party theme, you must understand how that theme works, what are its requirements, etc., and adapt it to CMSimple.

Of course you need some idea of how HTML and css work. Then start experimenting with simple CMSimple templates. The mini1 template is specially made for that, all the template php-calls are included. There are also a number of on-line tutorials.
Usually one installs a localhost server on one's computer (with XAMPP), alternatively you can use Christoph's all in one solution.
Zoe0789 wrote:just keep this template for the later use
exactly, once you understand how CMSimple's template system works (no big deal), you probably succeed in adapting your third party theme.