Responsive Design

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
kweku

Responsive Design

Post by kweku » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:49 am

<MODERATED>cmb: I have moved these posts from their original thread as they seemed to be off topic there.</MODERATED>

i wonder if you know of anyone in the cmsimple community who would be interested in working on a the type of templates i have sent links about. i am willing to pay for their time!

as you have said - anything is possible with cmsimple and as a professional designer i look closely at template design trends so it would be beneficial to the cmsimple community
to continue to evolve to push the way things are done.

most times when i write posts about new ideas and web design trends that exist ( but havent been tried with cmsimple ) the community tend to get a bit sensitive about the way things 'should' be done.

if there is someone out there that is interested in converting a responsive template similar to this http://www.egrappler.com/free-responsiv ... index.html , please let me know.

download link http://www.egrappler.com/free-responsiv ... rownie.zip

cmb

Re: Theme "Wave Mobile" - 4 Templates

Post by cmb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:17 am

Hi kweku,

as this is a threat about one of Gert's templates, this discussion is probably off topic here. However: have a look at http://torsten-behrens.de/.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

kweku

Post by kweku » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 pm

thanks i have had a look,

the only responsive template i could find was the one currently being used for the main site! where can i download / purchase that?
http://torsten-behrens.de/

obviously i would re-work the design based on my own template so there shouldne any issue with licensing etc..

i dont think the "Magazin 1 & Responsive Webdesign" is what i need, however i could not find an example of it anyway?

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:48 am

Hi Gert, hi kweku,

@Gert: as this thread is quite OT now, I will move the respective posts to another thread, if you like. Just drop me a note.
kweku wrote:the only responsive template i could find was the one currently being used for the main site! where can i download / purchase that?
It might be best to contact Torsten.Behrens via PM.
kweku wrote:i dont think the "Magazin 1 & Responsive Webdesign" is what i need, however i could not find an example of it anyway?
AFAIK it is contained in the download of CMSimple ME DE (on the right hand side below the navigation menu).

Yesterday snafu wrote me a PM and asked me to translate. I'll try:
I've had a look at the linked templates. I've ended up on such sites earlier, wenn I was looking for WordPress templates.
They show some, er, passably interesting template ideas, but as long as one doesn't care, how the contents are made available to the user's view (template) by CMSimple, this results in junk.
An adaption to WordPress, where it's possible to have multiple contents on a page, directly in the template or with widgets, seems to be fairly trivial for these templates. Regarding CMSimple I'd had the problem, which <div> I please with the main contents, where I should put a Coco window and where the newsboxes... but does that still look good in an installation with some dozen pages?

Besides that I have rarely seen so bloated CSS files, by contrast WordPress is a goody-goody regarding data economy.

The question, if these template could be adapted for CMSimple, could be affirmed (meanwhile I would dare to do it myself), but I doubt a bit the reasonableness, as long as one doesn't think about carefully, how to accomplish a harmonic marriage between the template and the logic of the data view with CMSimple ;-}
Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Gert

Post by Gert » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Christoph,

yes, I would like to see this diskussion in an own thread like "Responsible templates for CMSimple",

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services