Integrating dhtml menu into existing template

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
peter01

Integrating dhtml menu into existing template

Post by peter01 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:35 am

Hi Mikey,

Hoping you can help me:
I'm trying to integrate your excellent dhtml menu in to your redbarstyle template. As far as I can see I've made all the necessary edits, i.e. calling menu.js in the head of template.htm and calling dhtml.navi where I want the menu to be displayed. It works in Chrome and firefox, but IE7 reports an "object expected" error.

Other templates that use the dhtml menu do work in IE7, so I guess I'm missing something crucial. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

cheers, peter

peter01

Re: Integrating dhtml menu into existing template

Post by peter01 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:37 pm

Never mind, problem solved. For those interested: menu.js should be called in the body of the template, not in the head.

Jezyy

Re: Integrating dhtml menu into existing template

Post by Jezyy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi,
please help, DHTML menu made me cry and furious at the same time. Im fighting with it all day & night for two weeks so far seeking the solution. Now I gave up and decided to ask for help.

Everything seems working perfectly except one issue: whenever I choose an option from horizontal menu (made by Jens: cheers!) the menu bar "jumps" a few pixels left or backs onto the place it's supposed to be. I don't realy know the pattern. But the whole pages, which has fixed dimensions, jumps with this menu. It doesn't look good. I use firefox, newest version (3.0.7). Not mentioning IE8 where menu bar is completely in the woods, but, as I've seen in different topic on this board, it's a whole new story by M$.

One more thing:
the points of the menu are truncated to fixed length. I've seen somewhere on the CMSimple dedicated wwws that it's possible to expand dropdown menu to fit the menutext length. But there was no "download solution/pattern" button. Could you also help with that, please?

My test page is: http://www.biurofp.ovh.org

thanks in advance
Jezyy