Editing YAML and China templates

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
ragou

Editing YAML and China templates

Post by ragou » Tue May 08, 2012 9:35 am

Hi,
I'm new in CMSimple. I tried to load China template. At the demo page on http://www.cmsimplewebsites.com/demos/china/
on every column is written "Content for this news box will show information from hidden page called News2, 3,4 etc.".
I can't understand how shall I create these hidden pages, embed them and edit them. Can anybody explain it to me?
Thank you.

Gert

Re: Editing YAML and China templates

Post by Gert » Tue May 08, 2012 10:03 am

Hello,

here you can read something about Newsboxes:

http://www.cmsimple-xh.com/wiki/doku.ph ... :newsboxes

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

ragou

Post by ragou » Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Hide the content page (=newspage) of the newsbox from the navigation by choosing:

Page ⇒ Pageparameters ⇒ Show in menu? ⇒ no.

Alternatively you can put the following code anywhere on the page, preferably directly below the heading:
I don't understand what is this - Page ⇒ Pageparameters ⇒ Show in menu? ⇒ no.
Where shall I write this?
I don't want to be misunderstood.
My website is written entirely by hand, no CMS just htm
I've tried many CMS, with, or without MySql.
I've made several sites for my friends (in my country its almost for free (about $10 for registration(.com,.net,org, etc) + $10 for hosting (per year, not per month) ( I am Bulgarian ).So, my friends are asking me to change something in their sites. I do it because they are my friends, but I started to think about some CMS that is simple enough, that I can drink a bottle of whisky with my friend and explain to him how to make whatever he wants with his site. GetSimple is a good choice (argomcparty.com), but I thought, that CMSimple is better. But now I am not so sure - I can't understand what I have to do.
In my drunk head now comes out the first and final question:
Can anybody explain to me how can I made "hidden pages" and embed them to yaml (for example)?
Step by step - for a lamer.
Not exactly - I can read and understand PHP, but I can't code.
In my opinion the major disadvantage of this kind of CMS is that there is only one editable area. And when you need more - becomes a disaster - "hidden page", put, replace, uncomment etc. I see how these beautiful projects are dying, because they are becoming everything else, but not the purpose they've been made for - to be free to add, delete (so far so good) and to make changes (not so good). My daughter asked me to make her a website for her business. OK. Make your choice from a thousand templates an I'll make it for you. But when she heard from me that every change she wants must be said to me she said - make me a CMS site, so I can edit it by myself. OK I said, I'll find you a CMS. And I'm still trying.
P.S.
I'm sorry for my English and I am a little bit drunk - this time only beer - Tuborg, Staropramen, and of course Heineken (my favorite). Don't judge me - I am 60.
P.P.S.
batezarko.com - it's not a commercial site, it's my personal site.
My pride is that if you write in google.bg "zarko" I am the first from 22000000 results
All the best.
P.P.P.S.
With my drunk head I forgot - will somebody explain to me ho can I create these "hidden" pages?
Step by step
I can read and understand PHP, but I can't code.
VB is standing behind me very strong, and I am construction engineer, not a programmer at last.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed May 09, 2012 12:40 am

Hi ragou,
ragou wrote:I don't understand what is this - Page ⇒ Pageparameters ⇒ Show in menu? ⇒ no.
I guess you're using CMSimple 3.3/3.4 (or perhaps CMSimple LE 3.4). In CMSimple_XH there are tabs above the editor: "Page", "Meta" (and maybe more, depending on the installed plugins).

If you're using CMSimple (3.3/3.4 or maybe an older version) have a look at http://www.cmsimple.org/?Installer%27s_ ... _a_newsbox. For example: where the template says
Content for this news box will show information from hidden page called News2
Just create a new page with the heading "News2". Put in the desired content. To make the page invisible in the navigation menu, add to the page:

Code: Select all

#CMSimple hide#
The whole page might be:

Code: Select all

<h1>News2</h1>
#CMSimple hide#
<p>This is the content I want to convey on every page just above the actual page content.</p>
This will work with CMSimple_XH too. (I recommend having a look at CMSimple_XH -- IMO the usability is greatly improved compared to CMSimple).
ragou wrote:GetSimple is a good choice
Yes, it is. In the meantime it has developed to a very nice CMS. But still I like CMSimple more -- it keeps simple things really simple (e.g. no PHP 5.2, no XML parsing), and offers a lot of extensions (aka. plugins).

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

ragou

Post by ragou » Wed May 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks everybody for replies.

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Hello jimmy,

please note that this board isn't about HTML and/or CSS in general; it's about the content management system CMSimple_XH and it's "relatives".
albertstien3329 wrote:i need tutorials for CSS with html
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=css+tutorial

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH