XH Template to XH1.5

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
flukey92

XH Template to XH1.5

Post by flukey92 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:08 am

Hi all,

Ive not been active here for the past few months, (SORRY!)

However upon loking at my bookmarks and ending up on the forums i came across XH1.5RC, so ive uploaded it straight away to a test server and started testing away, unfortunately as always with my templates i have some strange errors occuring immediately, i will post an image below to show. Dont need anyone looking into this too much as i am happy (ish) with XH1.4.2, but has anyone else come across anything like this? FYI this is the exact same template on the same host, with same content and pagedata file. only thing missing is a few plugins plus its a different version of XH.

[ external image ]

Kind Regards

Flukey
RJS Electronics Ltd - LED Push Switches, LCD Programmable Keys, Anti Vandal Push Buttons, Relays, Custom Cable Assemblies
Visit my Web Hosting / Design website here - www.flukedesigns.co.uk

cmb

Re: XH Template to XH1.5

Post by cmb » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:33 am

Hi Flukey,
flukey92 wrote:Ive not been active here for the past few months, (SORRY!)
That's no problem. Nobody is expected or even required to be around in the forum everytime.

The problem with the template has IMO nothing to do with the new version. It's a problem with the template. If you have a look at it, you'll see that most images (mainly used for styling the corners and borders) are included by using

Code: Select all

$pth['folder']['templateimages']
to be portable, but some are included by using an absolute URL. It seems those images (e.g. http://www.rjselectronics.com/templates ... _r1_c3.jpg) can't be accessed from the new installation. It might be best to change those absolute URLs to portable ones using $pth['folder']['templateimages'].

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

flukey92

Post by flukey92 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 am

Problem solved :)
My test server was in a location after the domain name ie. "www.dotcom.com/TESTSERVER"
i have changed it to "TESTSERVER.dotcom.com"
and this has solved the template issue immediately :)

KR

flukey
RJS Electronics Ltd - LED Push Switches, LCD Programmable Keys, Anti Vandal Push Buttons, Relays, Custom Cable Assemblies

flukey92

Post by flukey92 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:36 am

didnt see your post Christoph

I will check that now though to let everyone know whether it solves the issues and i can have it after the domain name instead of a subdomain :)

kr

flukey

flukey92

Post by flukey92 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Hey all, not sure where i should post this so added onto the end of my current topic.

I have some strange malfunciton in XH1.5 where if i search for anything in the search bar and press search it downloads my companies Ts & Cs PDF, i realised it was because i had a page linking redirecting to it and to get around it i deleted the page. My search worked fine for a few hours now it redirects me to another H1 page no matter what search term i use.

Has anyone else come across this yet???

-flukey

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Flukey,

thanks for pointing this issue out. I could easily reproduce the problem: if any page is redirected by the page params plugin, the search will always end up on the target of the first relocation. So I guess you have another page redirected to somewhere. Just found it: "Slide Potentiometer" redirects to "Other Products:Motorised Faders".

This issue will be fixed in the final release of CMSimple_XH 1.5. Hope you wait some days(?)

Christoph

flukey92

Post by flukey92 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 am

Hey Christoph!

Thanks very much once again for you help,

Unfortunately many of my pages link in this way, because i deal with worldwide customers who refer to the same product in 1-10 different names rather than reproducing the same content i just use the h1 tags to hyperlink. for example (i deal with switches not clothes) but in england we refer to trousers as "trousers" whereas some americans refer to them as "pants"

flukey

p.s.
in the meanwhile is there a quick workaround i can do for example using the #cmsimple header="link"# (i know its completely wrong code) im referring to the old way of redirecting pages in cmsimple. can i do this instead of using the page manager params?

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 am

Hi Flukey,
flukey92 wrote:in the meanwhile is there a quick workaround i can do for example using the #cmsimple header="link"# (i know its completely wrong code) im referring to the old way of redirecting pages in cmsimple. can i do this instead of using the page manager params?
Unfortunately this won't work either. The problem is caused as the search function now evaluates all scripting, so it's possible to search in the output of plugins, e.g. a guestbook. But when any kind of redirection is done by scripting, this code will be evaluated and the relocation happens.

But there's a quick workaround available if you keep your redirections in the page_params. Change /plugins/page_params/index.php line 94 from:

$c[$key]  = '#CMSimple header("Location:'. $values['header_location'] .'"); exit; #';
to

if ($key == $s) $c[$key]  = '#CMSimple header("Location:'. $values['header_location'] .'"); exit; #';
Christoph

flukey92

Post by flukey92 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 am

That is great thanks christoph i will look into it now and check that it works :)

i thought it might work my way but ah well lol,

also i did at first think it was doing it on purpose, is there anyway to make it so that say if i search for a term specific to one page .ie. contact, it opens up the contact page when clicking search?

flukey