More dynamic menu????

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
cmb

Re: More dynamic menu????

Post by cmb » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi amccorm,

I've just had a glimpse at your website, and indeed, the menu doesn't work! I wanted to check some further details, but now the website is under review from your hoster. It says that could take 2-4 hours, so I will check back later.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

maeg

Post by maeg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:56 pm

CMSimple-Styles.com wrote:Please test my template: http://cmsimple-styles.com/cmsimplestyl ... 2_v1.2.zip

It has the navigation effect you want to see.
Hi cmsimple-styles

That looks great :D

That is exactly what i'm looking for.
Can i use that menu in my template??

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 am

Hi amccorm,

it took me quite a while to find out what's wrong with the menu in the very nice nwda2 template, but finally I've managed it. The problem is an irregular page structure:

Code: Select all

<h1>2011 Babies</h1>
  <h3>Bo Peep</h3>
  <h3>Delilah</h3>
But it seems this templates needs a regular page structure, what should IMO be better anyway:

Code: Select all

<h1>2011 Babies</h1>
  <h2>Bo Peep</h2>
  <h2>Delilah</h2>
This means you should not skip any menu levels (i.e. heading levels). If this is too technical for you, you should try the menumanager plugin, which will display the site structure, or the pagemanager plugin (NB: still beta!), which will give a warning, if it finds such an irregular site structure, and after automatic clean up, won't let you create one.

Christoph

PS: Hello Jens,

I'm very impressed of templateoptions/templateconfig.php. nwda2 is the first dynamically adjustable template I've seen for CMSimple, and I really like the idea. :D
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH