Please help, Template original to XH

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
cmb

Re: Please help, Template original to XH

Post by cmb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Hello Flukey,
flukey92 wrote: i will download then upload my content file immediately, will this remove all the "�" in the content? or shall i just find and remove all of these characters?
Just converting the file should suffice. You could check afterwards, if the currency symbols are ok.
flukey92 wrote: do you believe that it is an addon that would be of great help to the cmsimple community? or only to myself at this present time?
I'm afraid it won't be useful for many CMSimple sites :( But you should have a look at the old installation. It might be possible to move the necessary parts to the new installation without any further adjustments.
Newsbox Rotator wrote: All pages must be created right after the first page and at level 2 or higher.
I guess, that's the problem in your case.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

flukey92

Re: Please help, Template original to XH

Post by flukey92 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Cristoph :)

I think i have followed your advice well enough and this is all working now!

great :) thankyou very much

is there a way to pull another pages content onto a page? maybe no extra code needed just a way of using the newsbox function? if so i think i have a very good use for this :) i can use this to edit one page and in turn it edit 5+ (some products need to be displayed under different categories) i will look into adding a custom code into the editor which then lets me "embed content" from another page, im sure this should be an easy enough task to do :)
one thing i need to check
can newsboxes pickup h2 headings?
will google after posting but i wasnt too sure.

if so then i can create a hidden h1 heading <h1>All Products</h1>
then h2 headings for every single product (all hidden)
then on every other page (category) i can decide to "call" products which are relevant to that category

please advise? :)

many thanks
-flukey
RJS Electronics Ltd - LED Push Switches, LCD Programmable Keys, Anti Vandal Push Buttons, Relays, Custom Cable Assemblies
Visit my Web Hosting / Design website here - www.flukedesigns.co.uk