Can something like this be made with cmsimple?

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
marlar

Can something like this be made with cmsimple?

Post by marlar » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi,

I am looking at CMSimple to make a website for a customer. I have done a lot of work in Joomla but I feel that it is overkill for this job as he is the only person who needs to edit his site. Ie. not community stuff at all.

He wants something a bit like this: http://www.trevormorris.com/

both in style and content. Ie. news, images and bits of music to play directly in the browser.

Would CMSimple be suited for this? I am an experienced PHP/HTML/CSS/JS developer, so it is no problem for me to insert the proper codes for the music player etc. So don't focus too much on the "technical" aspect of the site, more the look and feel.

Thanks.

Tata

Re: Can something like this be made with cmsimple?

Post by Tata » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 pm

CMSimple_XHv1.3 is exactly what you need. As to playing sounds directly - you even don't need to include any scripts. Integrated FCK editor has this feature included.
The design of the page is not exatly a typical CMSimple design. But it depends on how you will construct the template (or even more templates).
If you will need an assistance, I would like to help you.
Have a look at this testing website: http://mato.cmsimple.sk/?Effects_%26amp%3B_Stomp_Boxes
Is that what you could use? With CMSimple also SWF and FLV video files are very simple insertable.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

marlar

Post by marlar » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks Tata,

CMSimple_XHv1.3 is definately worth looking further into.

I will research and experiment a bit now and return to this forum with more questions if needed!

Martin

mikey
Site Admin

Post by mikey » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:10 am

pm sent