make menu item not a link

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
ch0

make menu item not a link

Post by ch0 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi
how can I leave a menu item visible in the menu but inactive as a link ?

Reason: I have got a list of names. Click on a name opens page with further information.
Some names haven't further information yet. So an empty page would be shown. I want to leave the name in the menu so everybody see's, the person exists. But the name should be only static text, no link.

Didn't find any hints in the forum.

Thanks for your help
Carsten

Till

Re: make menu item not a link

Post by Till » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:49 pm

Search for xtoc or advanced-toc in CMSimplewiki.com. Both offer the possibility to handle a menu link just as a comment.

Till

ch0

Re: make menu item not a link

Post by ch0 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Till,

thank you for your hint - works basically fine.

One question left:
At the sitemap page the "category_" menu links are still active links ( even named with category_... ) and lead to the (empty) page. How can I treat this ?

Summary:

I chose xtoc, xtoc1beta5.zip
At xtoc.php I chose function 4 to use the category and modified h1 to h2 because my menu links were in the second level of my menu tree.
Put xtoc.php into the same folder were my template.htm is located.
Included <?php include ($pth['folder']['template'].'xtoc.php'); ?> at the beginning of my template.htm and modified <?php echo toc(2);?> to <?php echo xtoc(2);?>
As site admin I modified the headlines <h2>my headline</h2> to <h2>category_my headline</h2>

After that my menu links were't links any more but they were highlighted as if visited. A my stylesheet for the template.htm I added a new class "category" to set it back to a not visited link.

It was not necessary to save the original template.htm for the posibility of resetting the category_ because as site admin the menu link works still as a link. Perfect !

Works excellent. Very easy to handle. You made a very fine job. Thank you.

Carsten