Rare lines

About the template and stylesheet - and changing the menu
bastingse

Rare lines

Post by bastingse » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:34 am

Hi Folks,

Right now i'm in the middle of creating a website for a customer. It is almost finish and technical it looks okay on the frontend.
Okay , it is made in html table and some of you do not like that, but the end result is whats counting :D

If i visit the website with my MAC and using browser Safari, FireFox, Waterfox, Chrome, then all looks fine.
If i visit the website on an old laptop windows 7 and using browser Chrome, it all looks fine to me too.

If my customer visit the website on his desktop windows 10 with browser Chrome, he does see 2 rare lines on the left and right near the top menu, in the black bar and the grey bar (menu).
Because i can't see this in my browser i can not help my customer with it. Maybe one of you can see those 2 lines too???
194.247.30.130/~vbevents

here is the example what my customer does see:
[ external image ]

It is just some ordenary html i'm using....

Code: Select all

<?php
?>
<!DOCTYPE html><html>
<head>
<?php flexslider_init();?>
<?php echo head();?>
<style type="text/css">
body, html {margin:0; padding:0; border:0;} /* Re-sets IE to "zero" for these values */

.centered {
    position: fixed;
    left: 50%;
    transform: translate(-50%, 0);
    z-index:30;
}

</style>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" topmargin="0" <?php echo onload();?><a name="top"></a>
<div align="center">
<table width="100%" height="190" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="centered">
	<tr>
		<td  height="7" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_01.png"></td>
		<td width="1000" height="7" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_02.png"></td>
		<td  height="7" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_03.png"></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td  height="77" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_04.png"></td>
		<td width="1000" height="77" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_05.png" class="footer"><?=newsbox(Header)?></td>
		<td  height="77" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_06.png"></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td  height="10" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_07.png"></td>
		<td width="1000" height="10" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_08.png"></td>
		<td  height="10" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_09.png"></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td  height="43" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_10.png"></td>
		<td width="1000" height="43" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_11.png" class="menu">
			<div id="navlist"><?php echo toc(1)?></div></td>
		<td  height="43" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_12.png"></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td  height="53" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_14.png"></td>
		<td width="1000" height="53" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_14.png"></td>
		<td  height="53" background="<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menu_14.png"></td>
	</tr>
</table>
</div>
Any help is much appreciated!!!

Emile

Tata

Re: Rare lines

Post by Tata » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am

Try to set a class for this cell

<td height="77" background="./templates/2018/images/menu_04.png"></td>
and also have a close look on the image in this line. Sometime - photoshop or similar software used to put thin border around my images. Normally it is hardly visible, but udner some circumstances the border gets 1px width and then it is visble.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 am

Thanks Tata, unfortunately that didn't help...
Now i did remove the class at the 'menu_05.png' , maybe that helps.....

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:57 am

Problem solved.......
In the head i removed 2 lines from the .centered class

First it was:

.centered {
    left: 50%;
    transform: translate(-50%, 0);
}
Now i removed those 2 lines regarding the wide, and have now only this:

.centered {
}
In a online browsersimulater looks like it is fixed......