CKEditor not recognised

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
kurtm

CKEditor not recognised

Post by kurtm » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:23 am

I have copied 'ckeditor' into the plugins folder but it is not a selection option from the 'Settings / CMS/ Editor' setup panel.
When I overtype 'tinymce' with ckeditor' in the settings CMSimle XH responds with 'External editor "Ckeditor" missing!'

It does appear in the Plugins list and it does fire up for CKEditor configuration.

I downloaded the latest version for CMSimple XH from Holger Irmler's site.

Any suggestions?

KurtM

Holger
Site Admin

Re: CKEditor not recognised

Post by Holger » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:41 am

Umm, that plugin needs really an update :oops: .

Maybe you can try to use the version I've made a few weeks ago mentioned in this thread, until I've prepared the next release.
Direct-Link: http://holgerirmler.de/temp/ckeditor_demo.zip

lck

Post by lck » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:55 am

kurtm wrote:I have copied 'ckeditor' into the plugins folder but it is not a selection option from the 'Settings / CMS/ Editor' setup panel.
When I overtype 'tinymce' with ckeditor' in the settings CMSimle XH responds with 'External editor "Ckeditor" missing!'
CKEditor-Version: 4.4.7 (revision 3a35b3d) tested with CMSimple_XH 1.6.6 and 1.6.7 under Xampp > No Problems.
Only the icons are confused :shock:
Example: Save-icon is Link-icon and so on ...

With CMSimple_XH 1.7.0dev1 under Portable_XH 2 - development preview some problems occurs. See thread Portable_XH 2 - development preview
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Ludwig wrote:Only the icons are confused :shock:
That should only a cache related issue.
Just clear your browsercache and it schould work.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:37 pm

kurtm wrote:When I overtype 'tinymce' with ckeditor' in the settings CMSimle XH responds with 'External editor "Ckeditor" missing!'
Watch out for the capitalization. You have to enter "ckeditor", and then, if the editor can't be found the message would be 'External editor "ckeditor" missing!'
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:35 pm

cmb wrote:Watch out for the capitalization. You have to enter "ckeditor", and then, if the editor can't be found the message would be 'External editor "ckeditor" missing!'
Indeed!

But
kurtm wrote:... but it is not a selection option from the 'Settings / CMS/ Editor' setup panel.
the old version, mentioned by kurtm, was not yet prepared for that feature.

lck

Post by lck » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Holger wrote:That should only a cache related issue.
Just clear your browsercache and it schould work.
Exactly, that was it.
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

lck

Post by lck » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:00 pm

cmb wrote:
kurtm wrote:When I overtype 'tinymce' with ckeditor' in the settings CMSimle XH responds with 'External editor "Ckeditor" missing!'
Watch out for the capitalization. You have to enter "ckeditor", and then, if the editor can't be found the message would be 'External editor "ckeditor" missing!'
Habe das mal getestet mit CMSimple_XH Version 1.6.6 und 1.6.7
Hm, funktioniert auch mit dem Eintrag:
Ckeditor
CKeditor
CKEditor
usw. oder alles groß geschrieben, oder durcheinander klein und groß, egal!
Natürlich vorher und zwischendurch auch mal den Browsercache geleert ;)

Nur wenn ich einen Buchstaben weglasse, erscheint z.B. die Meldung "External editor "CkEdITO" missing!"

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Ludwig wrote:Habe das mal getestet mit CMSimple_XH Version 1.6.6 und 1.6.7
Hm, funktioniert auch mit dem Eintrag:
Ckeditor
CKeditor
CKEditor
usw. oder alles groß geschrieben, oder durcheinander klein und groß, egal!
Das war vermutlich unter Windows. Dort ist das Dateisystem (NTFS, wie früher auch FAT) "case-insensitive" (also Groß-/Kleinschreibung spielen keine Rolle). Das ist bei Unix artigen System aber i.d.R. nicht so, so dass dort der Name in der "exakten" Schreibweise angegeben werden muss.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

kurtm

Post by kurtm » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:11 am

Thanks for your helpful responses (some translated with google - I can't read German).

I opened the site with both Chrome and Firefox. The server is Apache. PHP 5.3.28 build 19-12-2013.
Today I was able to get 'ckeditor' to function when I use the all lower case spelling. Other cases fail. Obviouly cleared cache.

However, the drop down boxes (Styles - Heading.. - Font - Size) in the editor just flash when I press on the button, they don't stay open to be able to make a selection. Tinymce doesn't have this problem.

Actually, 'tinymce' is pretty good. My search for an alternative was because I have a site with white text on a dark background. When I open the page for editing the text is white on a white background, obviously not useable. I tried to find the tinymce stylesheet file but couldn't find one that effected a change to the 'background' color. I had the same problem years ago with the original CMSimple but found the style file and made a few small changes there to fix the issue.

Also, I like to use stylesheets instead of embedded styles in the page so frequently it is preferred to have more than one style together in a class. Maybe one for the text (font, size, color, ..) and another for the alignment (multi-column, or different color background or text alignment) With tinymce you get one choice only so you have to include all the options into one style. Hence, more styles and more corrections to make if you decide to change something.

I've downloaded the newer (demo) version of CKEditor Holger refers to and I'll try that now and let you know my experience.

Thanks again, I'm impressed with the many supporters.

KurtM