CKEditor not recognised

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
kurtm

Re: CKEditor not recognised

Post by kurtm » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:41 am

Following on - I have now installed Holger's newer (demo) version of CKEditor. It works in Firefox (latest version) in Windows7 and the drop-down selection options work but in Chrome the only things that appear for a page are the two tabs at the top left. The edit area is empty. No editor heading/menu area or anything. So I'll uninstall it and leave my editing to tinymce.

Now to figure out how to get tinymce to work for me.

Thanks again,
KurtM

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:49 am

kurtm wrote:but in Chrome the only things that appear for a page are the two tabs at the top left. The edit area is empty. No editor heading/menu area or anything.
Hmm, seems there's a Javascript error. But I can't believe that it's caused by the ckeditor plugin. Maybe it's only cache related?
kurtm wrote:When I open the page for editing the text is white on a white background, obviously not useable.
Look here for a solution: http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2665

lck

Post by lck » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:38 am

cmb wrote:Das war vermutlich unter Windows. Dort ist das Dateisystem (NTFS, wie früher auch FAT) "case-insensitive" (also Groß-/Kleinschreibung spielen keine Rolle). Das ist bei Unix artigen System aber i.d.R. nicht so, so dass dort der Name in der "exakten" Schreibweise angegeben werden muss.
Ja, unter Windows mit Xampp, sorry. Manche Sachen sollte man doch lieber online testen.
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Holger wrote:
kurtm wrote:but in Chrome the only things that appear for a page are the two tabs at the top left. The edit area is empty. No editor heading/menu area or anything.
Hmm, seems there's a Javascript error. But I can't believe that it's caused by the ckeditor plugin. Maybe it's only cache related?
Have checked that now again and it works with Chrome ...

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Holger wrote:
Kurt, have a look into the JavaScript console (F12 -> Console). I assume that there's at least one error reported.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

kurtm

Post by kurtm » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:26 am

Many thanks again folks, at this moment I've returned to 'tinymce'. If I have time to play with CKEditor again I'll do some more diagnostics and review the JavaScript console error log.

On Firefox I use Giorgio Maone's NoScript to block scripts but always allow all on my own sites so that shouldn't be a show-stopper. I don't use any plug-ins with Chrome but the results still aren't as they should be. Maybe I need to go back to my old WinXP box and see how CKEditor works there. I've never had these problems before.

Holger's link to http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2665 is very useful, I'll experiment with that to get the background and text to contrast.

Okay - for now it's forward and up with tinymce.
Have fun!
Kurt M

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:51 pm

kurtm wrote:On Firefox I use Giorgio Maone's NoScript to block scripts but always allow all on my own sites so that shouldn't be a show-stopper.
You may nonetheless consider to deactivate it for testing purposes. :)
kurtm wrote:Maybe I need to go back to my old WinXP box and see how CKEditor works there.
You could also quickly try the online demo.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

kurtm

Post by kurtm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:03 am

kurtm wrote:
On Firefox I use Giorgio Maone's NoScript to block scripts but always allow all on my own sites so that shouldn't be a show-stopper.
You may nonetheless consider to deactivate it for testing purposes.
Yes - I already did that.