fckeditor installation help please

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
DarrenH

fckeditor installation help please

Post by DarrenH » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi

I have read the PDF attached with the zip file of fck editor, but for the life of me I can't see where I am going wrong. Could someone please help.

This is what I have done:

cmsimple folder on the server - inside there I have put the fckeditor.php file

I have uploaded the FCKeditor folder to the directory above the cmsimple folder (it;s in the same folder as the index.php)

I have logged into the site and changed external editor to "fckeditor" (no ' " ' s), but I can't see the editor to use it.

I can activate tinymce no problem, and the default editor and the wysiwyg editor, burt not FCKeditor (the one I want to use).

Please could someone help.

Thanks

mortimer

Re: fckeditor installation help please

Post by mortimer » Mon May 04, 2009 1:19 am

DarrenH wrote:I have logged into the site and changed external editor to "fckeditor" (no ' " ' s), but I can't see the editor to use it.
Maybe you have not taken care of upper-case letters.

FCKeditor4CMSimple_integration.pdf :
b) First Install of FCKeditor for CMSimple

- upload the the file fckeditor.php into the folder /cmsimple in your CMSimple-Installation at your webspace (where cms.php sits)
- upload the content of the folder FCKeditor to your CMSimple-Main-Directory into a folder /FCKeditor !! note the name must be in Upper- and Lower-Case, FCKeditor !!
- log in into CMSimple and navigate to settings => configuration => editor => editor_external enter here: fckeditor in lowercase!
- From now on FCKEditor should load when you start to editing in CMSimple.

DarrenH

Re: fckeditor installation help please

Post by DarrenH » Wed May 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Sorry have tried all of this and followed the instruuctions by the letter and sill no joy.

:cry:

Any other help?