Can I set a plain text editor?

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
jriemerm

Can I set a plain text editor?

Post by jriemerm » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:45 pm

Is it possible to configure CMSimple to use a plain text editing window instead of the default or other wysiwyg editor? \

I'm interested in maximum browser compatibility, including editing text on a NEC MobilePro, which runs an old version of IE for (ver. 4.01) Windows Handheld PC, over wifi. Everything works/displays fine on this old browser except the editing window. If it was a standard textarea block displaying the HTML code, my problems would be solved.

( I use this old device because it is the last truly instant-on, nearly full-keyboard internet device that exists. There are no current devices as good for impromptu writing and note-taking as this little gem. The main drawback is, it only works with very simple, standard HTML web sites/applications. It worked fine with the HTML version of Gmail until about a year ago, when they made some back-end changes that broke compatibility.)

ZiPs

Re: Can I set a plain text editor?

Post by ZiPs » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Maybe you can use edit under settings
[ external image ]
which provides a text editor

/ZiPs
Preben Dahl | Webmaster cmsimple.dk | Projekt-og domæne ejer Gert Ebersbach

jriemerm

Re: Can I set a plain text editor?

Post by jriemerm » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Indeed! Looks like that loads the HTML content of the whole site at once in a single file. That will work for my needs.

Thanks!