Style-Selectbox

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
cmb

Style-Selectbox

Post by cmb » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello Community,

quite a while ago there was a discussion about how to improve the usefulness of the style selectboxes of tinyMCE and CKEditor. As both editors parse stylesheet.css to fill this box with the defined classes, it is often cluttered with classes that are not intented to be used in the content (but instead for header, footer, wrappers etc.). Finally Gert came up with a good idea: add all styles that are necessary for the content to stylesheet.css, and put everything else to another stylesheet. Include this second stylesheet directly from template.htm.

Perhaps something to consider for template designers. Anyway, this might be a useful technique for users (particularly webdesigners).

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Re: Style-Selectbox

Post by Tata » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Thanks. I have actually think a out this before. I jus was not sure if it wouldn't slow down the page loading.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Re: Style-Selectbox

Post by cmb » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Tata wrote:I jus was not sure if it wouldn't slow down the page loading.
Well, yes, it needs an additional request (unless HTTP/2.0 is used). Also note that this technique might not work with TinyMCE 4 and maybe other editors. I don't know if there are alternative soltutions for these editors, though.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH