Trying to save changes with tinymse

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
ajvangent

Trying to save changes with tinymse

Post by ajvangent » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Everything worked fine until... well I do not know when... but :

I use tinymse as an editor to change websites.
When I change a text I push the save button and then the changes are not made and I am back on the page that I tried to change and logged out....

what could be wrong...???

Tata

Re: Trying to save changes with tinymse

Post by Tata » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Check permissions for content (shall be at least 755) folder and there also permissions for content.htm and pagedata.php (both shall be 666).
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi ajvangent, hi Tata,

if write permissions for content.htm are not set, saving will fail. But the user should not be logged out! That's very strange!

Which version of CMSimple and which tinyMCE (Klaus Treichler's, Leen Moerland's or Martin Damken's) do you use?

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

ajvangent

Post by ajvangent » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:01 pm

The strange thing is that after login , and I try to click Settings, download, images I get logged out and the welcome screen is back....

Only the help link works.... trying to go to the link directly does not work either...

Could the PHP version on the server could be the cause of things? (PHP 5.3)

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi ajvangent,
ajvangent wrote:The strange thing is that after login , and I try to click Settings, download, images I get logged out and the welcome screen is back....
Ahh, that's not soo strange! The reason is that the login cookies could not be set. Check your browser: it has to accept cookies. If it does so, the problem is, that the server can't send the cookies. This is probably due to some output already sent before, what could be caused by a "corrupted" config.php or nl.php or nlconfig.php.

The three mentioned files must not contain any characters outside <?php ... ?> and no BOM.

Christoph

ajvangent

Post by ajvangent » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:33 pm

My internet provider updated PHP to 5.3

How do I update My CMSimple to the highest version... so PHP 5.3 will be supported... I think this is the cause of things...

So, which files do I have to replace to go to CMSimple last version AND 5.3 proof?

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi ajvangent,

I'm running CMSimple 3.3, CMSimple LE 3.41, CMSimple_XH 1.2, 1.4.2 and 1.5.2 under PHP 5.3. Everything works fine. But indeed the change to PHP 5.3 might cause the trouble due to some changed settings. And anyway, upgrading to a new version should be best.

I recommend you try CMSimple_XH 1.5.2. The typical way to do the update is to install the new version in a subfolder of the web root and to move the old content.htm, the template folder and the plugins (if any) to the new version. It's best to enter the configuration manually. And you have to convert the old files to UTF-8 without BOM.

If you want to stick with CMSimple 3.3 (I presume you're using a "classic" version -- unfortunately you didn't tell), upgrade documentation is given on: http://www.cmsimple.org/?Installer%27s_ ... _to_newest.

Christoph