How To Add A New Font To Editors

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
prenticemarie

How To Add A New Font To Editors

Post by prenticemarie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi,
I am relatively new to CMSimple so I hope this question is in the correct section ...
I am developing my site using the "Blacker" template and I have been asked to use the "Segoe Script" Font for the text.
I have downloaded the font and I can use it in Gimp2.6, so my question is ....
How do I load it for use in CMSimple, using say "ckeditor" or "openwysiwig" ?
Where are the Fonts stored in CMSimple ?
I look forward to some help here please.

Tata

Re: How To Add A New Font To Editors

Post by Tata » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 pm

I think, this is not the best idea. Web is a different environment comparing to local monitor.
Imagine: zou get a document from somebody who has installed som special font, which you don't have in your computer. In a case that the document has been saved without the option that the used fonts sahll be embedded and you don't have these fonts installed, thay either will be replaced by another fonts used in your computer, or the document will be shown wrong.
The same in many cases is with website. That's, why "fonts sets"are often used in stylesheets and that's also why there has been created a set of standard "web used fonts". If the desired font doesn belong in this group, it may bring problems.
There are ways to include non-standard fonts thoug, but it is questionable if this is worth. Think about, that there must be checked if such font is available on a user's PC and if it not installed, it will probably need to be first downloaded - installed - loaded. This also may conflict with user's rights.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

prenticemarie

Re: How To Add A New Font To Editors

Post by prenticemarie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi Tata,
Thanks for your swift reply .... I note the reasoning re: web specific fonts and will refer this back to my "customer".