Big problem with editor in CMSimple XH 1.5

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
mrleejohn

Big problem with editor in CMSimple XH 1.5

Post by mrleejohn » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:58 pm

I have a big problem with my editor in CMSimple XH 1.5. I can get only TinyMCE working as an editor. But when I edit a page.... it deletes this page. I tried several workarounds, nothing worked. Other editors won't seem to integrate. With previous versions this worked fine.

So.... how can I make TinyMCE work in a way it does not delete my page when I click on 'save'? Or how can I use another editor with CMSimple XH 1.5? Or is this a (major) bug?

twc

Re: Big problem with editor in CMSimple XH 1.5

Post by twc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:41 pm

working fine here

[ external image ]

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi mrleejohn,
mrleejohn wrote:But when I edit a page.... it deletes this page.
That's very strange. 15beta is already on the road since 3 months, and nobody reported similar problems (*). I guess you didn't delete the heading, what would cause the rest of the page to be appended to the page before it. So I don't have any clue what's wrong with your installation. Could you please give further details, what you've done? What happens, if you save the page without any modifications? Could you please post the content of a page that will be deleted when you save it (just copy the complete page content from the HTML view and format it here as CODE).

(*) Well, there was as problem with large pages, but that should be solved in the current version (CMSimple_XH 1.5).
mrleejohn wrote:Other editors won't seem to integrate. With previous versions this worked fine.
The editor interface has changed with CMSimple_XH 1.5. Editors are now integrated as plugins, see http://www.cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3656

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

mrleejohn

Post by mrleejohn » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:49 pm

The headings are there. I'm stunned.... I click 'save' and it does 'delete'. Without editor, the saving in HTML is going ok.

Maybe I should do a clean installation...

mrleejohn

Post by mrleejohn » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Well..... I do a clean install, copy my template back and my content.htm. And again.... instead of saving my page gets deleted.

mrleejohn

Post by mrleejohn » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't believe this.... I delete my content.htm, use the default cmsimpletemplate and start over... no problem. I go and start my old template.... and bingo.... saving the page becomes deleting it.

Looks like there is something very strange in my template.... damn. I customized it very neatly. It is the Blizza template from DCWD I use at mrleejohn.nl.

Can't I use another editor than TinyMCE ??? Maybe I'm forced to do something drastic.... really drastic :ugeek:

Gert

Post by Gert » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm

mrleejohn wrote:Can't I use another editor than TinyMCE ???
You should use another template:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0

Gert ;)

PS: Unfortunately no other editor is abailable for CMSimple_XH 1.5 at the moment.

But as you wrote yourself, the template seems to be the problem.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi mrleejohn, hi Gert,

IMO (X)HTML validation is important to avoid subtle problems with different browsers, but "invalid" HTML should not cause the editor to delete the page on saving. I've just tested with the blizza template, and besides the mostly white foreground and background in the editor, I found no problems, particular with saving from the editor.

Could you send me your complete template folder by e-mail? I'll send you my mail address via PM.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

mrleejohn

Post by mrleejohn » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:51 am

I did send you my template per mail. But I also gonna look for another template, I think.

Gert

Post by Gert » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:59 am

cmb wrote:... but "invalid" HTML should not cause the editor to delete the page on saving.
Didn't you see the smiley behind? ;)
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services