FCKeditor : error 403 when open picture folder

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
jens peter

Re: FCKeditor : error 403 when open picture folder

Post by jens peter » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Thank you Holger.
You have been a great help and I will now take your information to the Brazilian host company and hope they will know how to set the correct settings. But I would not have had a chance to try to explain the problem without your feedback.
So again thank you very much.

Later: Talked with the host company and we added the .htaccess file with the line: SecFilterEngine off
And all seems to work now.

Cheers
Jens Peter
Cheers
Jens Peter

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:18 am

Fine that it's working now.

So the error was caused by the Apache module called mod_security.
Mod_security can be used, among other things, to prevent some text strings to be in POST data.

With

Code: Select all

SecFilterEngine Off
you're turning off mod_security at all. IMHO that's not a good idea. And on most server configurations it's not allowed to turn of mod_security by .htaccess.

I think it's better to allow single scripts to execute over security settings. You can try to use a setting like this:

Code: Select all

SecFilterEngine On
SecFilterSelective "REQUEST_URI" "/path/script.php" "allow,nolog"
But I'm not sure which files / scripts are involved at all. So you have to try step by step with single scripts...
... and give us feedback ;) .

BTW: in which foder has you added the .htaccess? Maybe it's enough to put it only in the folder with the connector???

Cheers,

Holger

jens peter

Post by jens peter » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi Holger
I would love to help, but the support at the brazillian host just did this and asked me to test if it worked and it did.
I am not good at this coding thing .. one of the reason why I like CMSimple so much as you really dont need to know much more then a few simple things to make it work.
It looks like the .htaccess file is placed in the root of the site. Is that a bad thing? You make it sound as it is :-)
Cheers
Jens Peter

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:06 am

jens peter wrote:Is that a bad thing?
Hmm, I can't give you an answer on that. It depends on the server configuration.
IMHO it's not a good idea, but the brazilian hoster should know what he's doing with his servers. ;)

Holger