Jumping to anchor from navigation

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
Tata

Jumping to anchor from navigation

Post by Tata » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:26 pm

This is possible with Onepage?XH plugin. How would it be possible on pages with high banner (or even on pages, where almost entire screen is used for a banner? About like here> http://treefrognursery.cmsimple.sk. There is no content so far, but if there would be added any, even clicking on any item in the navigation, the visitor won't see the content without scrolling below the 4 boxes. Present navigation leads to pages with different template.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Re: Jumping to anchor from navigation

Post by cmb » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:39 pm

Maybe you should reconsider the page layout, and move some of the content of the header into the footer.

Other than that you could customize the menu. E.g. function renderAnchorStartTag():

Code: Select all

$x = $this->shallOpenInNewWindow($i) ? '#my_anchor" target="_blank' : '#my_anchor'; 
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:54 pm

I have stopped at another problem using OnePage plugin.
I have four boxes in the footer. One of them is "Contacts" (standard Newsbox page). However, when I click the navigation "Contacts", the newsbox is opened as a regular page. How to define the link in navigation to jump to the footer?
CMSimple.sk

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:17 pm

Tata wrote:I have stopped at another problem using OnePage plugin.
I have four boxes in the footer. One of them is "Contacts" (standard Newsbox page). However, when I click the navigation "Contacts", the newsbox is opened as a regular page. How to define the link in navigation to jump to the footer?
Is the link to "Contacts" manually inserted in the template? If so, change it from http://example.com/?Contacts to http://example.com/#Contacts.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Thank you, Chris. Will give a try.
But the rhing is other:
There is an item in navigation "Contact" generated from the hiddne page "Contact" which is called into a newsbox placed in the bottom of the template. And I want the page to scroll down the template showing the "boxes row" with the "contact" box. The same link could be then used for all four newsboxes.
Well, I have been occupied by another projects for long, so I have forgotten a lot of CMSimple tricks. It is obvious that I must return back to basics.
Here I used another solution. Have alook after a while. Now there is still a lot to adjust in responsibility.
CMSimple.sk

Tata

Post by Tata » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Ich bin wieder zu der Thema gekommen, weill ich eine Webseite mit 5 verschiedenen Templates teste, wo einige standard Templates mit 3Levels sind, die andere onepage template sind. Da hatte ich Problem, weill die "Introseite" volle H;he benutzt, so die Standard Navigation funktionierte nicht.
Jetzt, wo ich die

Code: Select all

[b]function renderAnchorStartTag($i)[/b]
nech der Empfehlung modiffiziert habe, laufen alle Templates einwandfrei.
Ich war nur nicht sicher, wie die Funktion laufen wird, falls es kein #my_anchor geben würde. Kein Problem.
So meine ich, dass diese kleine Erweiterung kann ruhig standard integriert sein für 1.8.
CMSimple.sk