CMSimple_XH lite

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
Tata

CMSimple_XH lite

Post by Tata » Mon May 12, 2014 6:06 am

There is a new trend in e-mailing - simple small websites are sent directly in e-mail body. I tried to make such e-mail based on CMSimple. Creating such webste is very simple and the websites mostly need only one -two additional plugins (advancedform, register, some photo slider). And I wonder if for such purpose a full CMSimple_XH installation is needed. Maybe some sort of CMSimple_XH Lite would be OK. But which components may be removed?
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

svasti

Re: CMSimple_XH lite

Post by svasti » Mon May 12, 2014 10:30 am

Tata wrote:simple small websites are sent directly in e-mail body
You can send a html-website, but a php based website linke CMSimple_XH needs an installed webserver to be shown... most people don't have that. Sending a html-website is okay, It will just open in any browser.
If you want to strip down CMSimple_XH, just delete all plugins except utf8.
But it won't open unless you put it in your localhost folder and call it via localhost.

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon May 12, 2014 10:35 am

Tata wrote:There is a new trend in e-mailing - simple small websites are sent directly in e-mail body.
If I'm not mistaken, the most that is possible is sending a single HTML document as email body, so this "website" had to be restricted to a single page. There are techniques requiring JavaScript that allow to simulate a website with several pages, but everything is contained in a single document (resp. gets loaded on demand with Ajax), see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-page_application. However, CMSimple_XH is not prepared to use this technique, and I have some doubts that this technique will cleanly work in all email clients. Why not simply send a link to the website?
Tata wrote: Maybe some sort of CMSimple_XH Lite would be OK. But which components may be removed?
Bjorn already made such a version: CMSimple_LXH. All non-essential plugins have been removed there.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Mon May 12, 2014 2:12 pm

cmb wrote:this "website" had to be restricted to a single page. ...Why not simply send a link to the website?
Actually this is the way I do the thing. There is only one simple webpage dropped into the eimal body with a link to a hosted website. But here - also - I don't need too much of functionality and I may need to build a couple of such websites with different contents and templates. That's why I thought about a simpe installation. If there is a content of a couple of kB, it seems to me as a cannon against robins to use some huge system.
However - now I think - it could be made under one installation wit a different template to each subpage, without navigation, using direct page-links in email body. This way it even seems to me to be more effective, as I can have everything on one place.
CMSimple.sk

svasti

Post by svasti » Mon May 12, 2014 7:08 pm

What you can also do to send a page from a CMSimple_XH website is:
Save the page in your browser (save as "complete website"). This will give you a html file and a folder with css, images and sometimes jQuery-code. You can send this per email and it will open in any browser.

Tata

Post by Tata » Mon May 12, 2014 11:40 pm

You mean to send the HTML file and the folder in attachement? It is not what I mean.
I mean a simple webfile show in email body with a link or button link to more functional webpage placed on internet.
CMSimple.sk