SessionCounter

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
miloslok

SessionCounter

Post by miloslok » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 am

Hi,
im new in CMSimple thing and i cant manage installation of SessionCounter. I dont really understand if I need to install firstly pluginloader or plugininstaller?! I tried to download SessionCounter and in settings of CMSiple i set plugin folder as "plugins" where I copied the SessionCounter. I tried to copy pluginloader with the index.php (which should be in /plugins/) and it shows me white page. I have tried to find any install manual for idiots, but i didnt find anything. :( Can you tell me, how to "install step by step" SessionCounter?
We've got cmsimple3_3.

cmb

Re: SessionCounter

Post by cmb » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 am

Hi,

foremost you should install Pluginloader 2.0 beta 11 (other versions may work, but that's not sure). How to install is described on http://cmsimplewiki.com/doku.php/plugin ... stallation (but you probably got that already right). Afterwards call your site, and see if everything works[1]. Then you have to install the SessionCounter inside the plugins/ folder, so it ends up in plugins/sesssioncounter/.

You may consider upgrading to CMSimple_XH, which already has a working pluginloader installed. The upgrade should be rather painless, as you're not using any plugins yet. How to upgrade is explained in http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4868.

[1] If you still get a white page, we have to investigate the problem further, but usually the recommended Pluginloader works fine with CMSimple 3.3.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

miloslok

Post by miloslok » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:15 am

thx.. ill try it on Monday. already off office

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:23 am

Then have a nice weekend. :)

BTW: there's a demo of CMSimple_XH available on http://demo.cmsimple-xh.dk/.

miloslok

Post by miloslok » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 pm

cmb wrote:[1] If you still get a white page, we have to investigate the problem further, but usually the recommended Pluginloader works fine with CMSimple 3.3.

Christoph
Unfortunately the white page appears. I don’t know really why. As I sad, we use cmsimple because our IT department doesn’t want to allowed us CMS system with dtb. Here is link to our configuration - http://db.tt/nmFfmjet CMSimple. Im not sure, if the version is really 3.3, but the ROOT folder is called “cmsimple3_3”.
1st step – set the plugin folder in settings I managed (as you can see on the picture). After I copied the the pluginloader, it shows me, that there is problem with language pack, so I solved it that is en.php copied and this copy rename on cs.php. Then has come the white page. And I dont really know what to do. Any ideas? :)

miloslok

Post by miloslok » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm

FYI if i try go to .../cmsimple3_3/plugins/sesssioncounter/ it shows me error_404

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm

miloslok wrote:Im not sure, if the version is really 3.3, but the ROOT folder is called “cmsimple3_3”.
Usually one can see the CMSimple version in the HTML source code of a page (<meta name="generator" value="CMSimple ...">). Or you can have a look at cmsimple/cms.php in an editor; at the top of the file the version is noted. But the name of the root folder indicates, that it's version 3.3 or maybe 3.4 (which is the last version of CMSimple), which might not make a difference.
miloslok wrote:FYI if i try go to .../cmsimple3_3/plugins/sesssioncounter/ it shows me error_404
This may be evidence, that the sessioncounter is not properly installed (does this folder exist?) or that it's not readable by the web server's user (if in doubt chmod the folder and all contained files and subfolders to 0777 temporarily). But it may well be caused by the webserver to be configured to not allow access to any folder directly (and for security reasons to report this as 404). What happens if you try to access .../cmsimple3_3/plugins/sesssioncounter/index.php?
miloslok wrote:Any ideas?
Some debug information may be very helpful. Do you have access to the PHP error log? Does it report anything after you have received the blank page? Enabling PHP's error_reporting may be necessary to log the error message.
miloslok wrote:Here is link to our configuration - http://db.tt/nmFfmjet CMSimple
You better should paint over the password there for security reasons. ;)

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Another possibility which might cause the blank page is, that the session storage module cannot be initialized. This may be caused by safe_mode being enabled, or perhaps because session.save_path is not set correctly.

miloslok

Post by miloslok » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:31 am

Usually one can see the CMSimple version in the HTML source code of a page (<meta name="generator" value="CMSimple ...">). Or you can have a look at cmsimple/cms.php in an editor; at the top of the file the version is noted. But the name of the root folder indicates, that it's version 3.3 or maybe 3.4 (which is the last version of CMSimple), which might not make a difference.
i found it, its 3.3
This may be evidence, that the sessioncounter is not properly installed (does this folder exist?) or that it's not readable by the web server's user (if in doubt chmod the folder and all contained files and subfolders to 0777 temporarily). But it may well be caused by the webserver to be configured to not allow access to any folder directly (and for security reasons to report this as 404).
AHA! our IT department set defaultly up, read only permission and we cant change it.. :-/
What happens if you try to access .../cmsimple3_3/plugins/sesssioncounter/index.php?
You better should paint over the password there for security reasons. ;)
ofc its better, but this is only on intranet ;)

Ill try to convince our IT department, to change the permission settings and we will see. THX a lot!

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 am

miloslok wrote:AHA! our IT department set defaultly up, read only permission and we cant change it.. :-/
cmb wrote:What happens if you try to access .../cmsimple3_3/plugins/sesssioncounter/index.php?
Well, if the file exists and is readable for the user, who runs PHP on the server, the file should be accessible from a browser. I assume that the file owner is not the same as the PHP user, however. Then you/they would need to change the ownership of the file, or chmod it to 0440 resp. 0444.

And this not only for the file, but for other files too. And the folder sessioncounter/ and its subfolders have to be executable (i.e. may be opened) and readable for the PHP user. That's the minimum requirement. To be able to edit the configuration and language texts from the back-end, the respective files have to be writable.