after installation cmsimple 4.0.3

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
roze

after installation cmsimple 4.0.3

Post by roze » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

After installation the brand new cmsimple 4.0.3 I login with "test".
Then the edit mode comes up.
So I go to <settings> <CMS>
The the homepage comes again and I'm out of the edit-mode.

what do I do wrong?

Try It yourself. Www.haptonomiedommelen.nl

grtz ROB
Rob Zeijen,

Valkenswaard (NL)

cmb

Re: after installation cmsimple 4.0.3

Post by cmb » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Rob,

that sounds like a cookie problem. Are cookies enabled in your browser? Do you have made modifications to at least one of the files, and perhaps inadvertently saved it as UTF8 with BOM?

You can enable the debug mode (rename userfiles/downloads/XHdebug.txt to userfiles/downloads/_XHdebug.txt). Then a warning message might appear after login.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi Rob,

it seems to be a misconfiguration of the domain redirect. (A trailing slash too much.) If you go directly to the linked subfolder of your praktijk-domain, everything works fine.

KR
Martin

Edit No, it's not just the trailing slash. CMSimple sets the relevant cookies to CMSIMPLE_ROOT, what is "/haptonomiedommelen//" in your case. So you will probably not be able to edit this site under it's domain without hacking the core. But as long as it works when visiting the subfolder ... ?

roze

Post by roze » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Martin wrote:Hi Rob,

it seems to be a misconfiguration of the domain redirect. (A trailing slash too much.) If you go directly to the linked subfolder of your praktijk-domain, everything works fine.

KR
Martin

Edit No, it's not just the trailing slash. CMSimple sets the relevant cookies to CMSIMPLE_ROOT, what is "/haptonomiedommelen//" in your case. So you will probably not be able to edit this site under it's domain without hacking the core. But as long as it works when visiting the subfolder ... ?
Martin, when I use www.praktijkdommelen.nl/haptonomiedommelen it works.
With my "old" cmsimple_XH I had acces to the backend after login in haptonomiedommelen.nl...................
How can?
Rob Zeijen,

Valkenswaard (NL)

roze

Post by roze » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 pm

cmb wrote:Hi Rob,

that sounds like a cookie problem. Are cookies enabled in your browser? Do you have made modifications to at least one of the files, and perhaps inadvertently saved it as UTF8 with BOM?

You can enable the debug mode (rename userfiles/downloads/XHdebug.txt to userfiles/downloads/_XHdebug.txt). Then a warning message might appear after login.

Christoph
Christoph, my coockies are on. I have downloade a fresh CMsimpe 4.0.3. : the same problem occurs
Rob Zeijen,

Valkenswaard (NL)

Gert

Post by Gert » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Rob,

after a fresh installation on a place, where was an old installation of any CMSimple active, you should delete cookies AND clear the browser cache,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

roze

Post by roze » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Gert wrote:Hi Rob,

after a fresh installation on a place, where was an old installation of any CMSimple active, you should delete cookies AND clear the browser cache,

Gert
Gert, I've done that, without result. Also in mozilla, safari, and chrome I get the same.

Rob
Rob Zeijen,

Valkenswaard (NL)

Gert

Post by Gert » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Rob,

so you should verify your domain forwarding, as Martin said (/haptonomiedommelen//),

Gert

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:21 am

Hi Rob, Martin, Gert,
Martin wrote:CMSimple sets the relevant cookies to CMSIMPLE_ROOT, what is "/haptonomiedommelen//" in your case.
Indeed that seems to be the problem. The cookie path should be "/haptonomiedommelen/".
roze wrote:With my "old" cmsimple_XH I had acces to the backend after login in haptonomiedommelen.nl
In CMSimple 4 the definition of CMSIMPLE_ROOT has changed. In CMSimple_XH the definition of CMSIMPLE_ROOT is based on $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] (at least for Apache Servers); in CMSimple 4 it's based on $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']. I can imagine that this might cause the problem in this case.

For a quick and dirty workaround, you, Rob, can change line 59 in cmsimple/cms.php:

Code: Select all

define('CMSIMPLE_ROOT', str_replace('//', '/', $cmsimpleRootVarNew)); 
For a clean solution this issue has to be further investigated. If indeed $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] might cause issues with domain redirects, I assume there's also a problem in CMSIMPLE_XH on IIS.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Gert

Post by Gert » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:43 am

cmb wrote:The cookie path should be "/haptonomiedommelen/".
No, the cookie path should be "/", if you login to haptonomiedommelen.nl,

Gert