TinyMCE Problem

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
mitch

TinyMCE Problem

Post by mitch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 am

Hi,

I've just installed cmsimplexH 1.5.2 withTinyMCE Editor. I 'm just wondering that this editor does not display table background images. Big Problem for my site...

I tried to use FCK Editor which I used to use and liked before in XH 1.4. But without succes. I followed the installation instructions of FCK editor, but I thibk XH 1.5 is not really compatible...

Either I want to use the TinyMCE with didplayed backgrounds or I want to continue with FCK. I heared about CK editor... Is it already ready for cmsimple...

Could anybody help me?

Cheers,

Mitch

cmb

Re: TinyMCE Problem

Post by cmb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:44 am

Hi Mitch,

indeed the editor interface changed with CMSimple_XH 1.5, so the "old" editors doesn't work anymore. But as alternative to FCK (its development has discontinued more than 3 years ago) CKEditor is available as plugin. Just install as usual for plugins, and change Settings->CMS->Editor->External to "ckeditor".

Christoph

PS: I've just double checked the background-image issue with tinyMCE. It seems, that's a bug. If I create a new table and insert the image, the image is removed removed when the dialog is closed. But if I edit the already inserted table, I can add a background-image.
Last edited by cmb on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

mitch

Post by mitch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:59 am

Perfect. Thanks for the fast reply...

Gert

Post by Gert » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Mitch,

and then you can open a new thread: CKeditor problem ;)

Both editors are using the stylesheet.css of the template. If there is nothing defined for tables, the table is naked in the editor.

At first you should define a table class in the stylesheet.css of your template (on top, above all other stuff):

Code: Select all

/* TABLES */

table.table_xyz {
width: 100%; 
background: #cde url(images/image.jpg);
border: 1px solid #666;
border-collapse: collapse;
}

table.table_xyz td {
border: 1px solid #666;
padding: 6px;

... (font-family, font-size ...)
}
And so on. The background image should be in the images folder of your template.

Then give the table that class "table_xyz" (only fill Columns and Rows and select the Class in the table dialog window and ignore the other fields), and you will have a css-styled table in the frontend and in the editor,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

mitch

Post by mitch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Gerd,

no everythink works fine now... The table backgrounds were defined directly in the content.htm...

I was not talking about the template...

Cheers,

Gert

Post by Gert » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:54 am

Hi Mitch,

now I undestand ... you are talking about an existing content, not new content.

Ok, but for new contents it may be the better way to define css classes in the template and use them in the content,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Gert,

I assume Mitch is talking about the insert/edit table dialog, tab "Advanced"->Background image (has even a browse button). The result is an inline style="background-image:url(...)"

Unfortunately that does not work when the table is created, but only when it's edited afterwards.

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi all,

I've just found one more strange behaviour regarding background image when inserting tables in FF (though not in Chrome): when I create a new table and set widht: 100, height: 100 and a background image, only width:100px makes it to the inline style. The height is removed!

Everything seems to be fine, if the table is inserted in HTML mode.

The reason for the behaviour: when inserting a background image through the filebrowser, the onchange event of the input is not triggered (what's standard behaviour). That's the same with hi_kcfinder and Ajaxfilemanager_XH. But MCImageManager has no problems.

A workaround: after selecting the background image with the filebrowser delete the ./ at the beginning. This should do the trick.

BTW: the thread should probably be moved to "Editors".

Christoph

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,

would that http://cksource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23607
be a solution for CKEditor?

KR
Holger

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Holger,

the backgrounds plugin seems to work fine.

Christoph