Installing a new language

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
Ric

Installing a new language

Post by Ric » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi I'm new to CMSimple and have quite a simple question and apolgise in advance.

I need to install Swedish language to my site. The CMSimple build has been downloaded and themed so far but not live. I've been reading on the CMSimple site about installing languages but am not 100% clear how to go about it. Iv found the language folder which currently contains the en.php page. Its path being cmsimple3_2 > cmsimple > languages

Is it a simple matter of adding the new language php page to this folder? If so where do you download these language pages without downloading the whole cmsimple core?

Thanks in advance
Ric

Tata

Re: Installing a new language

Post by Tata » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:05 pm

If you mean Swedish as the 2nd content language:
1. Rename the 2ndlang to "se" and there you are :-)
2. Copy your original content.htm into this directory
3. Open the page, switch to "se" and start translating (or delete everything from the 2ndlang/content.htm and start writing your Swedish content.
4. if you used any pictures in the content, change the paths in 2ndlang/content.htm from "./images/..." to "../images/..."

If you mean Swedish as the admin language, you must look for translation either on http://www.cmsimplewiki.com or other websites where the plugins and addons are available.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Ric

Re: Installing a new language

Post by Ric » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Excellant, thanks.
Ric