Loss of content edit in new -XH install

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
tdpss

Loss of content edit in new -XH install

Post by tdpss » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:27 am

Ok, this is really basic. I've just switched over from CMSimple(3.3) to CMSimple-XH. The new install is completely fresh (straight out of XH zip file).

When launching the default sample page, logging in, and clicking on "edit", all that shows are two tags: Meta & Page. In the previous CMSimple(3.3) setup that version showed the text box with numerous buttons for various edit functions. I can't seem to find anywhere in XH where content can be changed. I see in the Settings/EditConfig that the editor is "fckeditor".

This was the same editor I used in CMSimple. Clearly, I haven't set this up right. Any inputs?

Gert

Re: Loss of content edit in new -XH install

Post by Gert » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:10 am

It should work, nothing to setup or install on a local Server.

On a webserver you have to set read and write permissions, but the editor should be visible without that, only saving is not possible without correct permissions.

Check the php version of your server.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

tdpss

Post by tdpss » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 am

The system is running Windows 7 with Xampplite localhost setup. The PHP version is 5.3.1
And yes, when I unzipped the files, I changed all file/directory prev's to full access.
The install process was no different from the previous CMSimple (3.3) install, which I had done just a few days ago. The only difference was I installed ckeditor then, and with CMSimpleXH it was already there.

tdpss

Post by tdpss » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:41 am

Well I knew it would be simple. I'm running Firefox 3.6.10 for a browser and I just cleared the cache and all cookies.
The editor now works.
-Dennis

Gert

Post by Gert » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:56 am

tdpss wrote:... and I just cleared the cache ...
Hehe, yes, of course, FCKeditor needs JavaScript ... maybe the browser cache was the reason ;)
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services