Username and password doesn't work

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
skou

Username and password doesn't work

Post by skou » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey there

I pressed login on my new site and the first time I of course logged in by typing "test" like everyone else. I then changed the password and everything was fine and dandy. I then read that I should set the security type to wwwaut ... I did, and now it wants both username and password. The password I know ... if it's still the one I just made. I then read this in the manual: The username is only used for security type wwwaut - if not set, the default username defined in login.php is admin

I've already tried with "admin" but it doesn't work :( Even though it says so in the login.php file ... pretty weird.

EDIT:

Think it's pretty annoying that you get advised to use wwauth: "When available, you should use wwwaut to get the best protection available - read more about wwwaut." and then later it says:

"There are 3 options for security type:
1: page - gives a login page (default)
2: javascript - gives a javascript login prompt
3: wwwaut - gives an WWW-Authenticate prompt - do not use this, unless you know, what you are doing."

wtf?

Could anyone tell me how to get back to "page" as security type now that I apparently can't log in anymore?

Holger
Site Admin

Re: Username and password doesn't work

Post by Holger » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi skou
skou wrote: Could anyone tell me how to get back to "page" as security type now that I apparently can't log in anymore?
You should upload a copy of /cmsimple/config.php or download this file, change wwwaut to page with a text-editor on your local machine and upload the file again.

WBR
Holger

skou

Post by skou » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Somehow I managed to do that wrong ... hmm. I deleted everything and I've started from scratch now. Hopefully I'll do better this time.
There was several places where it said wwwauth - apparently you shouldn't replace all of them xD

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:43 am

skou wrote:The username is only used for security type wwwaut - if not set, the default username defined in login.php is admin
Look in the config.php what the username is