takes a while after login

General questions about CMSimple
bastingse
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:38 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: takes a while after login

Post by bastingse » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:26 pm

The hoster has maybe a solution. Chang the mx records to mx1 instead of 01.mx.
So i just change these settings a nd lets wait another 4 hours to see the result.

Thanks folks for helping me on this! Much appreciated!!!

bastingse
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:38 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: takes a while after login

Post by bastingse » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Problems should be solve now.... HOlger, can you see if the problem is solve now??

cmb
Posts: 13244
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Mü-Sa, RLP, DE
Contact:

Re: takes a while after login

Post by cmb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:57 pm

bastingse wrote:Problems should be solve now....
Have you tried to reactivate the UpdateCheck plugin, and run it (Plugins -> Hi_updatecheck -> Zoek voor updates)?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Holger
Site Admin
Posts: 3095
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:10 pm
Location: Hessen, Germany
Contact:

Re: takes a while after login

Post by Holger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:21 pm

bastingse wrote:HOlger, can you see if the problem is solve now??
There was nothing special in my logs.
And in the mail-log, I could only find your other mailadress which is (and was) working anyway.

Please reactivate the updatecheck and try to check for updates.

bastingse
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:38 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: takes a while after login

Post by bastingse » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Holger wrote:
bastingse wrote:HOlger, can you see if the problem is solve now??
There was nothing special in my logs.
And in the mail-log, I could only find your other mailadress which is (and was) working anyway.

Please reactivate the updatecheck and try to check for updates.
I think the mail problem is solve by now.

Regarding the updatecheck, i activate it but still an error
[ external image ]

cmb
Posts: 13244
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Mü-Sa, RLP, DE
Contact:

Re: takes a while after login

Post by cmb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:11 pm

bastingse wrote:Regarding the updatecheck, i activate it but still an error
I've made some tests on the installation you given me the login password, and it's really weird: the server needs more than a minute to request http://holgerirmler.de and to get the answer! :?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

bastingse
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:38 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: takes a while after login

Post by bastingse » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:08 pm

cmb wrote: I've made some tests on the installation you given me the login password, and it's really weird: the server needs more than a minute to request http://holgerirmler.de and to get the answer! :?
I really have no idea what causes this issue. If nobody else have this problem that it should be something on my server or an ip blocking on Holgers server.

cmb
Posts: 13244
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Mü-Sa, RLP, DE
Contact:

Re: takes a while after login

Post by cmb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:59 pm

bastingse wrote:If nobody else have this problem that it should be something on my server or an ip blocking on Holgers server.
Apparently, for others the UpdateCheck works fine (there have been a few failure reports from time to time, but that have been temporary issues). I really don't know what's wrong in your case. :( I suggest you contact your provider and ask, why there is trouble to open a TCP socket to cmsimple.holgerirmler.de from your server, i.e. why the following runs on a timeout:

Code: Select all

$socket = fsockopen('cmsimple.holgerirmler.de', 80, $errno, $errstr, 30); 
while the following probably works:

Code: Select all

$socket = fsockopen('cmsimple.holgerirmler.de', 80, $errno, $errstr, 300); 
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Post Reply