Welcome Text in standard content.html of 3.2

General questions about CMSimple
Connie

Welcome Text in standard content.html of 3.2

Post by Connie » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:45 am

Peter,

I just can't understand what you are doing

You make a lot of fuzz about legal compliance, not everybody understands the different systems, but you are talking about CMSimple Legal notices and then there was this advertising in your delivered content.html.

I just can advise ANY installer to look into the first testinstall content and delete this.

I cannot understand why you deliver hidden text with adverts for Poker Games and other bullshit to the demo-content.
This is just bullshit and I must admit, you risk a lot of sympathy with "gimmicks" like this.

by the way: the content.html show old version:
<meta name="generator" content="CMSimple 3.1 - http://www.cmsimple.com">
Last edited by Connie on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|---
Connie Müller-Gödecke, http://www.webdeerns.de

vdonatiello

Re: Welcome Text in standard content.html of 3.2

Post by vdonatiello » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Hello Connie and everybody,

You make a lot of fuzz about legal compliance, not everybody understands the different systems, but you are talking about CMSimple Legal Notices
i am one of these ... i read many posts in both forum and still not clear about the difference between AGPL license and Linkware ... with the first i need to leave the CMS Legal Notice and the Powered by CMSimple link, with the second one i need only the link ...
Many users seem to be happy to keep a "Powered by CMSimple" link as credit for their free use of the system, so I have decided to make CMSimple available under a licence, which is basically the same as the old CMSimple licence.
2. yes, it is a bit embarassing that hidden text ...

thank for your great cooperation and support here at the forum

Vito

harteg

Post by harteg » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:47 am

cannot understand why you deliver hidden text with adverts for Poker Games and other bullshit to the demo-content.
This is just bullshit and I must admit, you risk a lot of sympathy with "gimmicks" like this.
It is not hidden text, but CMSimple code generating a link - it is clearly stated that "The distribution of CMSimple at CMSimple.ORG is sponsored by this link".

I don't want to much too much advertisement, but I was offered a good payment, and this sponsorship has helped me to get time to develope the new download form. The links will be removed by the end of this month.

The difference between licence types is explained here: http://www.cmsimple.org/?Licence

Connie

Post by Connie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:09 am

Peter,

you may show this text at your websites where you publish CMSimple
the distribution is sponsored, but not the use by any opensource users ;=(

I think it is not good practice to have this text in the download versions, because the
downloaders and future users have no agreement with any Poker Advertisement etc.

especially when the users are newbies they will not know how to delete that in the first steps..

in my point of view, that is just no good style
|---
Connie Müller-Gödecke, http://www.webdeerns.de

harteg

Post by harteg » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi Connie - to some extent I agree with you, that it is not good style - advertisement for a game which may lead into ludomani is maybe not good style at all. Anyhow, the default content is to be deleted, and it is clearly explained, that it is sponsored links - there is no spyware or any remote server functionality. As mentioned, it will be removed soon.