Plugins with jquery not working

General questions about CMSimple
Korvell

Plugins with jquery not working

Post by Korvell » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:06 pm

I have a tough time figuring out what's wrong with a new site I'm setting up. I have it perfectly running on a local xampp installation, but when I move it to the net my plugins stops working. I think it's something to do with Jquery - I've tested a couple of slideshow plugins (Pictures and Slideshow) and they run perfectly on my local installation, but on the net they cease to work. Pictures plugin shows all pictures next to each other and Slideshow shows nothing. Have a look here:
http://bodyandhealth.kihap.dk/?Test_Slideshow
http://bodyandhealth.kihap.dk/?Test_Pictures
Anyone got an idea of what's wrong?

cmb

Re: Plugins with jquery not working

Post by cmb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:35 pm

I assume that's the same problem that was recently reported in German: http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... =20#p34489. The issue is fixed in the latest Pictures 1.0.0-beta8.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Well, it seems there's another problem. It might be related to invalid HTML. Please check, if everything works with the standard template ("cmsimplexh").

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Hmm, just read the first post again. If it worked on your local machine, the problems are quite likely not related to any validation errors in the template.

Regarding Pictures: this throws a JS error. Use the following in the configuration as a workaround:

Code: Select all

$plugin_cf["pictures"]["innerfade_type"] = "\"sequence\"";
. The current behavior of plugins/pictures/index.php line 325 seems to be an error.

Regarding Slideshow: it doesn't use jQuery, so that can't be the problem. It's rather strange: if JS is disabled, one of the pictures should be shown; but there's none. Ah, here it is! The overflow:hidden that is set for the div element, which contains the slideshow doesn't work inside the table cell. Quick workaround: add to the (template's) stylesheet:

div.slideshow {
overflow: visible !important;
}
I have to investigate this issue further.

Korvell

Post by Korvell » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Thank You! That fixed the Slideshow problem - changed the config setting.

But the Pictures plugin is still not working - and it is the latest version (x.beta8) from the website although it only says 7 on the plugin page. Funny though - now Pictures isn't working on my local installation and I start to think it didn't before either... Think I'll skip it for now and stick to Slideshow...

As always I'm impressed with the quick responses and help quality of this forum.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:32 am

Korvell wrote:But the Pictures plugin is still not working - and it is the latest version (x.beta8) from the website although it only says 7 on the plugin page. Funny though - now Pictures isn't working on my local installation and I start to think it didn't before either...
The problem is, that with "innerfade" mode, the innerfade_type is written to the (X)HTML without surrounding quotes. The workaround I've mentioned would only work for new galleries. For existing galleries this would have to be done in the gallery management for each gallery that's using "innerfade". Instead it's possible to do it in plugins/pictures/index.php, where line 325 can be replaced with:

type: "' . strtolower($config['innerfade_type']) . '", 

Korvell

Post by Korvell » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Wow - that worked it's magic. Thank You - again :)

Phrax

Post by Phrax » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi all,

another time thanks to Christoph who, again, fixed the bug before I noticed that there is a bug!

Some words on the innerfade driver: Like stated in the help file (http://davidstutz.de/cmsimple/plugins/p ... elp_en.htm) the innerfade option is currently not fully supported. Or at least until now it was not supposed to work ;) But if you are already using the innerfade option (and I appreciate everyone using the plugin) I will fix the above mentioned bug and add further documentation for the innerfade driver and run some tests!

Regards,
David