Again about SEO Search engine Optimization. How to se tags?

General questions about CMSimple
sareide

Again about SEO Search engine Optimization. How to se tags?

Post by sareide » Wed May 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi
I've realized that most of pages of a mine web site (over 129) are not indexed by Google (last indexing affected only 20 pages).

I'd like to get some suggestion about meta tags keywords and title. Before csmimple_hx I used the meta tag keywords field and the meta tag title to set meta infos for all pages.

With cmsimple_hx how do you do? Do you set single page meta tags and do you let empty meta fields inside clobal settings of website, or do you fill in both of them?

At first, as I wrote, I had a big set of keywords for all pages. But now I'm sure that google index refuses a pages that has a keyword without a content related to it. That is to say, I think that I had better to avoid global meta tags (keywords) and to fill in single page keywords. The same for tite (since I sow that a global title and a local page title are joined. Perharps it would be better to use sinple page title.)

Could you suggest how do you managed this problem?
thanks in advance
sareide

Gert

Re: Again about SEO Search engine Optimization. How to se tags?

Post by Gert » Wed May 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Hello,

set global contents for the meta tags (as fallback) in the website configuration, and then you can set individual contents for the meta tags for every page by meta_tags (tab "Meta"), they will overwrite the global contentzs for the meta tags,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services