CMSimple and Webservers

General questions about CMSimple
cmb

CMSimple and Webservers

Post by cmb » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Hello community,

AFAIK CMSimple is tested on Apache and IIS servers. Has anybody made experiences running CMSimple on other servers? Did you face any problems? Did you find a way to work around or even solve them?

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

beate_r

Re: CMSimple and Webservers

Post by beate_r » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Please let me pick up this rather old question:

I am still running CMSimple with nginx/fastcgi. Nice, no problems beside occasional php crashes, which seems not specific to cmsimple. My workaround: restart the server automatically during the night.

I am still using the configuration templates i have described in the old wiki. Works out of the box with CMsimple_XH.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Hello Beate,

thanks for your feedback! :)
beate_r wrote:I am still using the configuration templates i have described in the old wiki.
The link is http://cmsimplewiki.com/doku.php/tips_a ... th_fastcgi. IMO very valuable information. Particularly the section # CRUCIAL: protect system files from unauthorized access! Indeed NGINX doesn't recognize .htaccess files, so all system files are accessible (well, the "program" files in cmsimple/ are protected through PHP, and the config and language files won't produce any output). But I'm somewhat concerned about some plugin data and content.htm, which might contain sensible information. So these files won't be protected on a hosted NGINX (as common in Russia for example), if the hoster doesn't allow appropriate configuration, and the user makes use of it.

AFAIK IIS doesn't recognize .htaccess either, so this should better be documented explicitly.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

scriptshow

Post by scriptshow » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:13 pm

A few small servers from 2Mb. based on Apache, ready to run on any local PC...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/miniser ... iniServer/
"Simplicity carried to the extreme becomes elegance" [ Jon Franklin ]