Question regardind MembersArea

General questions about CMSimple
chantelanuit

Question regardind MembersArea

Post by chantelanuit » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to use the MembersArea plugin (https://www.ge-webdesign.de/plugindemo/ ... embersArea) to define pages that are restricted to several individual users. For instance, user A could access only page A, user B only page B, user C only page C.

I know that MembersArea is appropriate for setting a set of restricted pages for registered users belonging to a predefined group (i.e. members of a group of registered users). For my needs, there is no such a group, only individual users (max. 20) with a specific page for each one.

If that plugin is not appropriate for this task, is there another way to achieve this goal with CMSimple_XH ?

Regards,

lck

Re: Question regardind MembersArea

Post by lck » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:36 am

chantelanuit wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 pm
I would like to know if it is possible to use the MembersArea plugin (https://www.ge-webdesign.de/plugindemo/ ... embersArea) to define pages that are restricted to several individual users. For instance, user A could access only page A, user B only page B, user C only page C.
I can't say anything about that, because it is made for CMSimple and doesn't work under CMSimple_XH, at least not without adaptation, which would be legally questionable again.
chantelanuit wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 pm
If that plugin is not appropriate for this task, is there another way to achieve this goal with CMSimple_XH ?
Yes, there are Memberpages_XH, download here.
memberpages/help/help.htm wrote:Choosing the access mode
3. "access to pages with SAME or no access value" gives e.g. a member with access level 3 access to pages with access level 0 and 3.
This mode is useful when you have to give different persons exclusive access to different pages. Set the number of selectable access levels in the next field. You can even have 100 access levels for 100 exclusive pages.
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

chantelanuit

Re: Question regardind MembersArea

Post by chantelanuit » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:11 pm

Thank you for your advice, I will try that