Various

General questions about CMSimple
Till

Re: Various

Post by Till » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:21 pm

jmu wrote:Why should I adjust the color in the CSS of the plugin?
I think most plugins come with their own stylesheet. The reason: you can style them individually. You can adjust them according to the layout you are using. If you use Firefox in combination with its addon "Webdeveloper", you can list the stylesheets individually.
jmu wrote:Is there a syntax to get the colorscheme of the template?
Here, I don't understand, what you mean.

Till

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:13 am

jmu wrote:PS: the site http://www.hp-light.de/ is not what it should be, I suppose.
Yep, you're right.
Here's a new link: http://www.cmsimplewiki.com/doku.php/plugins/asform

Holger

Connie

Post by Connie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:52 pm

jmu,

you are right and you are wrong...

1. the stylesheet.css of your template defines the output of the content
2. plugins add additional text to your content
3. as the plugins do not know the classes and IDs of your template, they use their own CSS for their output

that's why ;=)

have a good day, Connie
|---
Connie Müller-Gödecke, http://www.webdeerns.de

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 pm

jmu wrote:Why should I adjust the color in the CSS of the plugin? Is there a syntax to get the colorscheme of the template?
CMSimple stores the main content in one single HTM file. For this is one stylesheet.css defined. There are no plugins needed to run CMSimple. If a user decides to add some more functionality to the website using plugins for it, there is to be considered that the plugins mostly store their contents in their own external files. and these are only called into the content.htm by plugin functions. That's why they need their own stylesheets.
There would be ofcourse a way how to redefine the paths in cms.php. But who knows which plugins would user install and how would all attributes be named? Also - what sense would it make to have a huge stylesheet (containing attributes of all possible plugins) if only a few plugins would be used? There is only seldom a problem if in many stylesheets the same attribute is used. But having all attributes in one stylesheet would make a problem to set so many unique names.
Think about. CMSimple is fast because it's built of small files. It's faster to load the stylesheet of a plugin only when it's in action.
That's my understanding of the basics at least.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

beate_r

Post by beate_r » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:31 am

Quick remark: style sheets are cascaded, i.e. later definitions overwrite more recent definitions of the same item. So it is a clean solution simply to remove (=uncomment!) unwanted entries like in this example some color definitions.

Beate