- Template-Problems: Standard-Template is working correctly, other templates are making problems like: missing pictures, dynamic menu is not working.... -> your template is the reason.
- Missing pictures: some pictures are missing -> check the path of this picture. If it looks something like this: -> in most cases, your template is the reason.
Code: Select all
- Code at top of the page: There is some cryptic (PHP-)code on the top of your page? -> a plugin is the reason.
If you have one or more of this problems, check the following:
- -> Take a look in your PHP-Configuration (phpinfo()), at the parameter 'short_open_tag'. If this parameter is set to 'Off', this can cause this problems.
Reason of problems with 'short_open_tag=Off' is not PHP or the parameter itself. Problem is that the short-tags shouldn't be used, but lots of the templates do....
There are two ways to solve the problem:
- Search for short-tags ( <? ) and replace with standard-tags ( <?php ) in template.htm (also in some plugins, take a look in the index.php of each of your plugins).
- Change your php.ini 'short_open_tag=On'.
- -> preferred is solution 1.!