Italian translation

Find and share translations of CMSimple(_XH) core and plugins here

Moderator: Tata

milkodb

Italian translation

Post by milkodb » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Here is my first attempt to translate CMSimpleXH into italian.
If someone wants to try and verify it can tell me impressions, suggestions and reporting errors here.
The link above is temporary (I don't find how to attach the file on board) so, if possible, reload the files in a stable and definitive public place.
Then, if translation seems to be right, it can be placed on CMSimpleXH official page and wiki CMSimpleXH page to download for everyone.
File seems to be clean from viruses and spyware and it was verified through Norton and Sophos on MacOsx. Nevertheless control it and if something isn't right then tell me.

Thanx
http://www.humourcomix.com/-labview/box ... _IT_04.zip
Milko

cmb

Re: Italian translation

Post by cmb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:29 am

From what I can tell (I don't speak Italian) the translation is fine. Thank you very much for your efforts. :) I uploaded it to http://www.cmsimple-xh.org/?Downloads:Language_Packs.

BTW: unfortunately it is not possible to upload files to the forum.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

milkodb

Post by milkodb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks a lot.

:D
Milko

milkodb

Post by milkodb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:24 am

Last revision of Italian translation for CMSimple_XH v. 1.5.7 here:

http://www.enigmadesign.it/-labview/box ... ang_IT.zip

First italian translation for CMSimple_XH v. 1.5.9 here:

http://www.enigmadesign.it/-labview/box ... ang_IT.zip

If translation seems to be right, place all in CMSimpleXH official page or/and wiki CMSimpleXH page to download for everyone, 'cause these links can't be active for a long time.
If something is wrong, message me what seems wrong so I'll correct it.

Since CMSimple_XH v 1.6 was announced Jan 3rd, 2014, I will provide a new Italian localization package as soon as possible.

Thanx a lot
Milko

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:06 pm

milkodb wrote:If translation seems to be right, place all in CMSimpleXH official page or/and wiki CMSimpleXH page to download for everyone, 'cause these links can't be active for a long time.
Thanks for the translations. From what I can tell, they are fine, so I've placed direct download links on cmsimple-xh.org.

I have read the README, and it seems to me you're looking for a way to translate the labels in the administration (configuration, languages etc.) This is addressed by CMSimple_XH 1.6, where one can create a file cmsimple/languages/metait.php with the desired/required translations (this file works both for the core and plugins). This solution is still somewhat experimental, because it seems to be necessary to get more feedback from translators; see a related discussion.

BTW: I've noticed that you have changed $tx['filetype']['log'] from "giornale" to "registro". From what I can tell (I don't speak Italian) this is suitable for CMSimple_XH 1.5.9 where the log file is exclusively used to log user logins, but for XH 1.6 it might be appropriate to callit "giornale" again, as the file is meant as a general log file.

milkodb

Post by milkodb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Well, first of all thanks for all informations.
It 's good to know that v 1.6 will allow to translate Adm GUI more simply that all previous versions.

In 1.6.9 I've first tried to translate labels as (e.g.):
$tx['key']['default']="Standard"; = $tx['chiave']['predefinito']="Normale"; and result was the duplicate labels in backend GUI, the first two in English, the other two in italian.
So, editing php files this problem was over but for obvious reasons "second" language became the default. I think this is not correct for the reasons I wrote in readme texts, so I choose to avoid distribution of a "full" package. I believe that default language must be english anyway.

In fact, people who are not native speakers of English, but used to develop or modify code will almost certainly have no problems if labels are not in their native language 'cause all is sufficiently intelligible.

On the other hand, there may be cases where a complete translation allows to avoid misunderstandings and moreover if you start a job you might as well carry it in the best way and that is the satisfaction. ;)

Well, "giornale" literally means "daily recording file" (as newspapers and logbooks are both "giornali"), while "registro" mens generically "record file".
I've changed the first to second term 'cause normally "registro" is the italian word used in informatics to define the file which all data about session (or a different period of time) are recorded in. If you think that first term is better I will follow your advice for 1.6.

Thanks again
Last edited by milkodb on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milko

svasti

Post by svasti » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi milkodb,

very nice that you do the italian translation.
Our default language is english, as programming usually starts out with English expressions.

If you look at ./cmsimple/languages/metade.php you find an example how to translate config items.
This is a big advance to former versions. The config also looks much cleaner, no more cryptic entries like "true" etc.
milkodb wrote:$tx['chiave']['predefinito']="Normale";
don't add $tx variables, this usually doesn't make any sense. Simply get variable names translated via the metait.php, e.g. $mtx['default']="predefinito"; or $mtx['key']="chiave";

svasti

milkodb

Post by milkodb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi Svasti

I just downloaded v 1.6 and had a look about metaXX.php. It seems an effective solution and translation will be more simple and fast...

Thanks for your kindness
Last edited by milkodb on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milko

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi Milko,
milkodb wrote:In fact, people who are not native speakers of English, but used to develop or modify code will almost certainly have no problems if labels are not in their native language 'cause all is sufficiently intelligible.

On the other hand, there may be cases where a complete translation allows to avoid misunderstandings and moreover if you start a job you might as well carry it in the best way and that is the satisfaction. ;)
I agree.

[Being able to translate the labels might be even more important for users not accustomed to Roman letters. It must be really hard for those users to make any sense out of the labels (at least, I would be completely lost, if the labels where written in Cyrillic or even Chinese letters).]
milkodb wrote:Well, "giornale" literally means "daily recording file" (as newspapers and logbooks are both "giornali"), while "registro" mens generically "record file".
I've changed the first to second term 'cause normally "registro" is the italian word used in informatics to define the file which all data about session (or a different period of time) are recorded in. If you think that first term is better I will follow your advice for 1.6.
Aha! Then "registro" is probably the correct term. The term that would most likely suits best, is what operating systems use for their log files. On Windows there are several "event logs" (for the system, applications, security etc.); I don't know how that is called on MacOS X, but I assume the term "log/log file" is customary there, too.

Christoph

milkodb

Post by milkodb » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:51 am

Aha! Then "registro" is probably the correct term. The term that would most likely suits best, is what operating systems use for their log files. On Windows there are several "event logs" (for the system, applications, security etc.); I don't know how that is called on MacOS X, but I assume the term "log/log file" is customary there, too.
in fact, Osx uses "log file" also in localized version. However all system file in all "System" directories and also in "User">"libraries" and "User">"preferences "(really System depending directories where are stored user's apps preferences and personal system files like "certificates" or "finder preferences", etc.) are in english.

In a few words, all of system dedicated directories remains in english, all that is directly visible by users is translated.

But, apps that are localized sometimes use "log/log file" other times some different names, like "registro". Generally "registro" is used by italian sw houses developing fiscal, business or administrative applications. "Giornale" is a correct term, but it sounds almost like "old-fashioned" for an app ;).

Finally, you might as well leave "log" or "log file" 'cause now it has become customary.
Last edited by milkodb on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milko