Multi-users download area with password

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
GianlucaL

Multi-users download area with password

Post by GianlucaL » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi all,
I'm Gianluca from Italy and I'm using CMSimple for my little website.
I am looking for a suggestion / solution for my idea: I would like to emulate the behaviour of the program filelocker2 that is based on sql database.

Here's my problem. My website has a download area. I want to have in this page a simple username/password label (maybe better if only password...)
Let's suppose that USER1 can access to files FILE1-2 and FILE1 , USER2 can access to FILE1-2 again and FILE2.
So when USER1 visit the download area writing it's password, the page will show only download button/link for USER1 files (that are the FILE1-2 and FILE2).
If instead USER2 go on downoad page with it's password it will access to FILE1-2 and FILE2 download button. And so on for other users..

Can be possible to obtain such behaviour from CMSimple?
Thanks in advance for your attention. :)
Gianluca

cmb

Re: Multi-users download area with password

Post by cmb » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi Gianluca,

there's no perfect solution for your intended behavior, but most likely Protected Download goes in the right direction. Furthermore you will want to install Memberpages or Register_XH for the user managemant.

Then you can set up different pages which are accessible to certain user groups only, and place the protected download buttons on these pages.

Note, that the three plugins are primarily developed for CMSimple_XH, and so may not work with CMSimple.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH