Improve usability of admin menu

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Improve usability of admin menu

Post by cmb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Hello Community,

in a German thread problems regarding the usability of the admin menu have been pointed out. On mobiles it is hard and unintuitive how to open the "Plugins" menu, for instance. That is even impossible via keyboard only. An improvement might be possible by using some JavaScript, but I suggest that we properly link all menu items to pages where the submenu is available via "normal" means. That would mean to add a new page where all installed plugins would be listed and linked to their admin page, and to extend the settings page with the missing options (validate links, backups, page data and info). The "File" menu could stay as it is, because since XH 1.6 the images, downloads and media folders are subfolders of userfiles anyway.

While I don't consider the current behavior as a bug, I consider it as a serious flaw, and so I suggest to fix this for XH 1.6.6.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Re: Improve usability of admin menu

Post by cmb » Mon May 18, 2015 11:17 pm

I had a closer look at the issue not long ago, and it appears that this would require/demand more than trivial changes. The administration of CMSimple_XH is most likely generally hard on mobiles, anyway, and I'd rather avoid investing much time in XH 1.6, and risk to introduce further bugs. Therefore I suggest to do this for XH 1.7 only.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH