CMSimple_XH 1.6 :: handling of config and text forms

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Re: CMSimple_XH 1.6 :: handling of config and text forms

Post by cmb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:33 pm

cmb wrote:I thought that ' isn't a generally accepted XHTML entity. But I just looked that up, and obviously I was wrong.
Indeed ' is a valid XHTML entity, but it is invalid in HTML 4.01; see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html#h-5.3.2. That explains the name ENT_COMPAT. Even if I don't consider any browser to have problems with ', we may stick with ENT_COMPAT for HTML 4.01 compliance (and double-check, that we use double-quotes around attribute values handled with htmlspecialchars()).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:29 pm

I have now implemented XH_message() and added the styles which Holger suggested earlier (r594). You may have a look at the API--might be improved. And of course the styling needs some improvements (maybe a background image).

You can see it in action under "Settings", when you delete the content or restore a backup (r595).

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 am

cmb wrote:And of course the styling needs some improvements (maybe a background image).
I gave it a try (r803):

[ external image ]

What do you think?

For reference: the colors are taken from http://demos.pixelworkshop.fr/showcase/typography.php (thanks to learnandcode for the link); the images are from http://www.small-icons.com/packs/16x16- ... -icons.htm.

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 pm

cmb wrote:You may have a look at the API--might be improved.
I have now changed the interface to take a format string directly (r881). This makes the function more flexible.

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:14 pm

After XH_message() has been implemented more than two years ago, what's left of this idea is the general handling of an xh_success parameter. I'm still not sure how this would be handled best, and as I don't see any immediate need for it, I suggest to drop the idea. Core and plugin functionality which requires such a query parameter can easily handle the display for themselves.