XH 1.6: Subject Field for Mailform

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

XH 1.6: Subject Field for Mailform

Post by cmb » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Hello Community,

I just received the suggestion to add a subject field to the built-in mailform. I'm aware that there are alternative mailform plugins ;), but we nevertheless might consider this addition.

What's your opinion?

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Re: XH 1.6: Subject Field for Mailform

Post by Tata » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 pm

It make sense. Even if there are plugins with better e-mail functionality, it is mostly important to have the SUBJECT defined when sending e-mails. Many users have the SPAMfilters set to ignore e-mails without a subject. So, if an enduser wouldln't require any sophisticated e-mail plugin/addon, the delivered CMS should have the mailing function suitable to the standards.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Holger
Site Admin

Re: XH 1.6: Subject Field for Mailform

Post by Holger » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:06 am

Tata wrote:It make sense. Even if there are plugins with better e-mail functionality, it is mostly important to have the SUBJECT defined when sending e-mails. Many users have the SPAMfilters set to ignore e-mails without a subject. So, if an enduser wouldln't require any sophisticated e-mail plugin/addon, the delivered CMS should have the mailing function suitable to the standards.
The built-in mailform uses a default subject like "email Formular domain.tld" ;) .
cmb wrote:I just received the suggestion to add a subject field to the built-in mailform. I'm aware that there are alternative mailform plugins ;), but we nevertheless might consider this addition.
It should not harm to add this subject-fild with a default value IMO.

Holger