International CMSimple_XH Sites

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

International CMSimple_XH Sites

Post by cmb » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Hello Community,

I wanted to ask, if there are guidelines regarding the international CMSimple_XH sites: URL, template, content, newsboxes, up-to-dateness etc.?

Of course there's the principle of corporate identity -- but is that necessary for a small OS-Project? Compare e.g. http://joomla.org/ and http://joomla.de/ (BTW a not so small OS-Project).

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Re: International CMSimple_XH Sites

Post by svasti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:03 pm

May be we should put up some guidelines? Imho there are no guidelines.

Gert should be able to answer this.

oldnema

Post by oldnema » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:38 pm

It's a stupid proposal to declare a competition for a new template for the official site CMSimple_XH? (and maybe a new logo?).
Designers certainly would have taken this gauntlet ;)
Josef
Nobody knows how much time he has left ...
http://oldnema.compsys.cz/en/?Demo_templates

Gert

Post by Gert » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 am

Hello,

there was no conventions about the international CMSimple_XH sites last time. Every operator of an international CMSimple_XH site is responsible by himself, to provide "up to date" informations about CMSimple_XH in his language.

If one of these sites was not "up to date" for a long time, I remove it from the language menu of cmsimple-xh.de, like the russian CMSimple_XH site.

Using the standard template is recommended and wanted, but not mandatory, for example have a look at Tatas site.

cmsimple-xh.de is up to date (history and newsbox - 1.5.4), and I have added Oldnemas site to the language menu, because he has a "CMSimple_XH site" now, and the contents are up to date ;)

Gert

PS: I have given the Czech flag a border, for a better look (like the other flags), you can use it, if you want, for CMSimple_XH 1.5.4 ;)
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi,
Gert wrote:Every operator of an international CMSimple_XH site is responsible by himself, to provide "up to date" informations about CMSimple_XH in his language.

If one of these sites was not "up to date" for a long time, I remove it from the language menu of cmsimple-xh.de, like the russian CMSimple_XH site.

Using the standard template is recommended and wanted, but not mandatory
That seems reasonable. :)

About the up-to-dateness: IMO it would be of great help for the owners of the international sites, if any relevant changes to cmsimple-xh.com, would be communicated in some form perhaps by an RSS feed or circular emails.
Gert wrote:I have given the Czech flag a border, for a better look (like the other flags), you can use it, if you want, for CMSimple_XH 1.5.4
It looks more uniform this way, but IMO it would be even better, if we would use flag images that are readily available for "all" countries (see http://www.cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4835). And I'd rather avoid making any change to 1.5.4 (last time that did terribly go wrong ;))
oldnema wrote:It's a stupid proposal to declare a competition for a new template for the official site CMSimple_XH? (and maybe a new logo?).
This might something to be considered. I'm particularly not happy with the fact, that the logo is available in 16² pixels only. But for now we should wait at least until the "Thank you Peter" template contest is over -- after all its meant to provide template designers the ability to show their appreciation for Peter's great work.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH