Enrolling

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
Hugorm

Enrolling

Post by Hugorm » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm looking for a plugin or add-on for CMSimple with the ability to allow registered users to enroll in an event.
At enrolling the user gets a confirmation e-mail (maybe a request to confirm/activate).
Subsequently the enrolled user should be able to see which events she/he is currently enrolled in (and de-enroll).

The administration should be able to list all enrollments by event.

Any luck or suggestions?
(Where to read more?)

Based on Calendar, Register and Custom mailform one could do a lot, but I don't know how to use the variables from Register in Custom mailform.
Also I have difficulties in reusing mail-activation from register.

Connie

Re: Enrolling

Post by Connie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:49 pm

But you know that per default CMSimple is a singel-user-system :?:

Did you check out that there is a multi-user-addon?
I never tested it but I doubt if it is a good idea to add multi-user-functionality
there are other easy cms which have this functionality, also simple ones like cmsmadesimple etc..

do you really need to re-invent the wheel?
|---
Connie Müller-Gödecke, http://www.webdeerns.de

Hugorm

Post by Hugorm » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Where did I go wrong?

Hopefully CMSimple is a single user system (one admin - no hacking).

Hopefully CMSimple can be used by one than one - a team even.
So multi-user (member), but not multi-administrators.

I belive that 'registreted users' (members) easyly can be users of the content not the system, hence registreting who are you? - which event (from Calendar) do you want to enroll in?.
(Checking that the admininistrator knows you or are able to confirm that it is you).

Does this make any sence?

It may be a reinvention, but unknown to me (and others).

Ps. Actually the Multi-user system from Tata works with no problems.

Tata

Post by Tata » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:37 pm

How about this http://cmsimplewiki.com/doku.php/plugins/bookings? With some small adjustments can solve your needs.
And another possible way...
Use Register plugin or only Memberpages plugin and hide there (from unregistered users) a mailform of your choice.
The only disadvantage is that you can use the register plugin only once. It means you cannot let user register for two events.
The pages structure can be e.g. this:
Event description (public page)
Register (register login page)
Mailform (Memberspage)
But you need personally answer all received emails.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Hugorm

Post by Hugorm » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:27 pm

I see my idea´s are not very clear.

I have been working with Bookings, but my intuition it not good enough to see a way with a 'nice calendar look' and lists.

Register with it's registreting and confirmation/activation maill. Then I know who (and e-mail).
Calendar with possibility of setting enrolling (internal link) on each event. Then I know which event (and can send a confirming / activating e-mail)
Both are intuitativ and easy to understand functionwise, at least for me.

Register once (per lifetime), enroll in many events.
(both maintained by the person registered).

The differnt groups in Register are easy to maintain and setup. I belive that I wil have enough space for different teams.

At the moment I'm working with 4 teams and 42 persons in total (A small footballclub my have 10 teams and 200 members/persons).

As written:
Event data from Calendar, Person data from Register, mail from Custom mail / Advanced form / part of Register would be nice.
As 'icing': List of enrollment by present registered person and List of all enrollments by event.

My big question: Does anyone have a solution or how to reuse variabels from one plugin to another?

Hugorm

Post by Hugorm » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi

I've just found a solution for an other CMS (joomla) called 'Seminar'.
In many situations this sub-program does what I want.

Do anyone have a similar solution for CMSimple (any version) or a plugin which can connect this sub-program to CMSimple?

Kind regards
Hugo

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Hugo,

the only CMSimple plugins covering this topic are Bookings and Occal. Both apparently don't suit your needs, and the latter has an unsolved security issue anyhow.

I don't think it's possible to use the Joomla Seminar plugin with CMSimple, except theoretically within an IFrame pointing to a separate Joomla installation (what would be total overkill).

There are several services which offer such booking functionality as SAAS. Some of them offer a free version with several restrictions.
Hugorm wrote:My big question: Does anyone have a solution or how to reuse variabels from one plugin to another?
It's very easy to use the information about the currently logged-in Register user, as this information is stored in the session:

Code: Select all

$_SESSION['username']
$_SESSION['fullname']
$_SESSION['email'] 
With the hook system of Advancedform_XH or with Jerry's FormMailer it's not hard to use this information.

I don't know if Calendar offers any functionality to access its data. But it would be possible to read and process the event files separately. It might be a good idea, to offer this as Addon for Calendar.

With these 3 building blocks, it might be possible to create some kind of semi-automatic booking system.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH