[SOLVED] mode_donotshowvarnames

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

[SOLVED] mode_donotshowvarnames

Post by cmb » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Hello developers,

it's me again ;)

I've just stumbled over the $hint parameter of plugin_admin_common(), and I wanted to know what mode_donotshowvarnames does. I've found, that it supresses the grouping of the config options by their prefix, if set to true. I personally like this grouping. But I would prefer, that the prefix would only be displayed as group header (aka category), but not for every single option. This could be done with a simple and backward compatible change in the plugin loader. What's your opinion?

But I found a real problem, perhaps a bug: plugin_admin_common() seems to fail completely, if it is called from a second language (i.e. not the default language) with parameter $hint[mode_donotshowvarnames]=='true'. If the hint is not given, everything is fine.

Any comments appreciated.

Christoph

PS: Sorry for the false alarm! I've tried to use mode_donotshowvarnames again, and everything works as expected! I was not able to reproduce the mentioned behaviour, so I guess I've made a silly mistake :?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH