Souldn't be a part of CMSimple_XH 2?

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
Tata

Souldn't be a part of CMSimple_XH 2?

Post by Tata » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:34 pm

What do you think about extending integrated plugins by hi_pd_scripting and ts_backup plugins?
First - hi_pd_scripting would make it easier to set some scripting standards for less advanced users.
Second - would bring some "safety hygiene" into life of webmasters.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Torsten.Behrens

Re: Souldn't be a part of CMSimple_XH 2?

Post by Torsten.Behrens » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm for it.
What is the legal position?
PD_Scripting is GPLv3.
ts_backup is freeware.

Anyone may offer his CMSimple version with the two plugins on the market.
Beautiful would be a direct delivery with CMSimple XH.

Torsten
Torsten Behrens
CMSimple Templates

Gert

Post by Gert » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Tata wrote:What do you think about extending integrated plugins by hi_pd_scripting and ts_backup plugins?
I think: NO. The same discuss we had about menumanager, the next one would like to have a guestbook and a gallery in the main download and so on ...

CMSimple_XH is the basic script for CMSimple solutions like CMSimple SE or CMSimpleRealBlog. For all we integrate to the main download we are responsible, not only for further development, also for documentation. Who shall do all that work? At the moment nobody does anything for documentation of that what we have. I have setup a dokuwiki one year ago, in German and English, nobody wrote just one line to it. Now that's my private project to make a german documentation.
Torsten.Behrens wrote:Anyone may offer his CMSimple version with the two plugins on the market.
With that I agree, but not "CMSimple version" (that's, for example, CMSimple_XH 1.3) but "CMSimple solution" (that's, for example, CMSimple SE).

We shouldn't discuss it ever and ever again, we have decided to keep it modular from beginning.

A more comprehensive backup-module we could realize in the core. But at first we should publish some conventions for plugins, where to save the plugin-data. In my newest plugins I have set it to subfolders of the content folder (or configurable with a subfolder of the content-folder as default setting).

If all data (CMSimple-content and plugin-data) are stored in subfolders of the content folder of CMSimple_XH, the backup of all CMSimple-contents and plugin-data were very easy, just backup the content folder of CMSimple_XH - done.

So the user wouldn't have to know, where the plugin-data are scattered in the structure of CMSimple_XH.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

leenm

Post by leenm » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:37 am

Gert wrote:We shouldn't discuss it ever and ever again, we have decided to keep it modular from beginning.
Exactly what I think. There's nothing wrong with a CMSimple_XH solution containing these plugins, but we shouldn't add it to the core.
There is however, going to be a CMSimple_XH 2. This will have a fully rewritten core and the functionality provided by the mentioned plugins will be taken care of in the new core.

Gert

Post by Gert » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Leen

will be the pagedata functionality also included into the core of CMSimple_XH 2.0? So we would have only the pluginloader in the plugins folder.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services