Abandon Roadmap in favor of Github issue tracker

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Abandon Roadmap in favor of Github issue tracker

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi!

I suggest to abandon our Roadmap in favor of Github issues. I don't think that the Github issue has any disadvantages, and saves us from having to maintain the Todo_XH plugin which implements the core of the roadmap. The benefits of the Github issue tracker:
  • discussion on the issue is directly possible
  • reactions would allow for voting, and could also be contributed by those who are not entitled to vote (those votes would not count, but might still be a useful indication)
  • if a bug is fixed or a feature request is implemented, a respective commit message would already close the related issue including a link to the commit, so that saves some manual work
It might be a good idea to migrate even the archived roadmaps to the Github issue tracker for better reference. Nonetheless keeping the existing roadmap in read-only mode appears to be reasonable – at least for a while – because there are a lot of links to it (for instance, in the release announcements).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Re: Abandon Roadmap in favor of Github issue tracker

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:15 pm

I've forgot the probably most useful benefit: we could finally link to individual roadmap itemsGithub issues.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:15 pm

I've opened the voting on this issue which ends on 2017-01-01.

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:29 pm

The voting has ended a while ago with 3:0 votes.

I've moved all open issues from the roadmap to Github, and marked the roadmap accordingly. It is, however, not possible to switch it to read-only mode, so please do not file any new issue there.

By the way: those who already have voting karma should sign-up with Github (it's free!) to be able to vote in the future.